The HP TouchPad is alive, receives OTA software update
0. phoneArena 12 Jan 2012, 15:12 posted on
Listen up, HP TouchPad owners (and we know that there is a lot of you out there): an over-the-air update has been made available for your slate bringing its software version to webOS 3.0.5. And..
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JGuinan007 (Posts: 649; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I think most touch pad users have gone over to android using Cyanogen
4. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I have CM7 installed but it's not stable enough for use, webOS is decent if you don't need a bunch of apps, besides I already have 3 Android devices so I can wait until it's stable or until we get ICS :-)
5. DucSS (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Actually, speaking as a webOS user I prefer it. Android is shinier with more apps, yes, but for a solid true multi-window tablet the native webOS can't be beat.
Once you've gotten used to having cards available with running apps at your fingertips it's disappointing to go to a one-at-a-time operating system. Seehttp://www.zdnet.com/blog/perl
2. krysis (Posts: 76; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
most touchpad owners who browse this site anyway.
3. palmguy (Posts: 387; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Which is a small number compared
to the non tech people who bought it for the cheap price.