The Google Nexus 7 has a meltdown
0. phoneArena 09 Nov 2012, 22:54 posted on
The Google Nexus 7 has had a meltdown and according to the original story, the tablet was being recharged using the OEM charger for three hours before it became a smores manufacturing facility as you can see from the photos...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. Hammerfest (Posts: 383; Member since: 12 May 2012)
I have had 2 phones (old feature phones) blow up when I left them in my office plugged in...
They also happened to be sitting on my old desk (in my old apartment) which is under a rather large window where the sun rises slightly to my left but still right onto my desk... (had a shrowd on my LCD at the time, just didnt think my LG work feature phone would die from the sun so fast)....
Anyway. Good stuff, ASUS to the rescue
20. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
If it was an iPad the comments would be like.
"NEXUS 7 FTW!!"
"Apple is trying to get people to buy the new iPad 4"
And a whole bunch of other ignorant things.
22. nwright94 (unregistered)
That's exactly what I'm saying too haha.
24. lyndon420 (Posts: 4479; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
As tragic as this may be to the owner and the rest of us Android fanatics, at least this does little to nothing in regards to ruining Google's and Android's good name. This falls into the lap of the manufacturer and their hardware suppliers.
28. almostdone (Posts: 231; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Even if this was true, this is only 1 in the multi-millions of N7's sold. To put this in context you probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a melting N7.
29. djstammo (Posts: 16; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Showed this news a month ago at the "Nexus 7 already the best selling tablet ever in the UK" news comment. Why took so long?
30. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
this is the consumer's fault acually!
"The owner of the tablet says that the slate was in his office overnight when the incident occurred"
so he forgot to unplug his tablet! its his fault! human error! not company's error!
32. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
faulty wiring, or did he microwave it?
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 21810; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Uh ohhhhhhh... This simply proves, that the nexus 7 like any device can have issues. The iPad, nexus, surface, galaxy tab, and the rest r prone to problems. It's still a great tablet though.
39. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Years back there was case of Nokia phonesw exploding dureing charge and that time it came out to be battery issue as a result opf which certain serial numbers of battery lot were given free repalcement.
40. dukefawcett (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
either used the wrong charger, or carged it was it was in the microwave