The Galaxy S5 surpasses the Galaxy S4 in terms of adoption rate in the USA
0. phoneArena 09 May 2014, 09:31 posted on
In two days' time, on May 11, Samsung's current flagship will have been available on the market for exactly a month. We do know that the first day sales of the Galaxy S5 were significantly higher than the first day sales of Samsung's last year forerunner, the Galaxy S4. At the same time, the launch weekend sales of the device also beat the ones of its greatest rival, the Apple iPhone 5s. All of these facts indicate that although it received a fair amount of critique, the Samsung Galaxy S5 would probably break a sales record or two and become one of the best-selling gadgets of 2014, just like its predecessor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Well, there's no denying it's a well rounded smartphone for the everyday person...
5. devildlm1 (Posts: 71; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Exactly! The little evil hipster in people makes them hate anything that is popular. It is a great phone and aside from subjective opinions, it is a spectacular competitor.
I personally like it the most because I felt like the other top competitors didn't bring anything new to the table but they are by no means bad phones.
13. sgodsell (Posts: 3055; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Considering its still one of the few flagship phones that let you exchange the battery. Not to mention there are a number of 3rd party back cover plates now, as well as a 7500mha battery for the S5 now. The camera is really fast and the only one that I know of that offers 240fps slow motion video capture. Plus once you get use to the finger scanner, it works every time for me.
16. latido (Posts: 45; Member since: 31 May 2012)
Camera pretty fast, but the video recording lacking to focus the object correctly start from 10cm or less than that. Try play with your camera, if you dont believe me. My grand duos can do much better.
19. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
If this is true , I'll never buy S5, but will buy iPhone 5s POS or M8 POS. (aluminum)
3. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
Not gonna exchange my S4 for anything but the Lumia 930 atm.
6. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
That's a superb phone L930 but huge let down by the platform
I will try this device out in the shop
8. akki20892 (Posts: 3899; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I'm getting....930 orange.... Can't wait.
12. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2067; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I'm sticking with my L1520 for now. But I definitely will pick up the L1030/1820. :)
4. Razrman (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I replaced the Note 2 for the S5 and is not such a bad phone like a lot of people are portraying it to be, it is in a nice case and no perforation is seen :) I actually find myself using the heart rate monitor quite a bit and the pedometer oh and the screen is fantastic. I kind of miss the bigger screen of the Note but who knows, maybe next year i get the Note 4 or 5. Battery life? Awesome, I can almost pull two days of battery on this thing.
17. suavemezie (Posts: 83; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
What makes it bad coming from note 2? Except screen size which you're not blind not to notice. Everything note 2 offers, S5 triples that and more
7. adwienc (Posts: 136; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
14. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2077; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
That's just the Mini and the international (Non- LTE 9300) S3. The U.S. S3's are getting/have gotten it, so did the international S3 LTE (i9305), plus the various Asian models.
15. adwienc (Posts: 136; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
You know, not everyone on this site is American.
24. willard12 (Posts: 1513; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I know. Americans stick to the subject of the article.
11. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
hello haters. love these articles. #NumbersDontLie.
18. N3Z1droid (Posts: 89; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
Great job for Samsung marketing still can sell that many with band aid case, i still prefer my Note 3
21. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
No "band aid case" there. But great look-and-feel device.
And you DON'T own Note 3, iboy.
22. N3Z1droid (Posts: 89; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
The fact is I own Note 3 since late Oct 13 (i like very much) and another fact is I dont like the ish*t because their tiny screen and ecosystem. I just disappointed with S5 back case look almost same with their old phone, I hope the Note 4 will look better.
23. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
These web traffic statistics don't mean much. It could be the same number of phones for all we know. With the expansion of LTE availability since the launch of the S4, we could be seeing more web traffic just due to the higher speeds.