The Extreme power saving mode arrives to the Sprint HTC One (M8) thanks to an update
As you may recall from our review of HTC's latest device, this mode will be automatically activated once your battery reaches a predefined level. When in the Extreme power saving mode, the HTC One (M8) is stripped down from a plethora of its battery-eating features and only allows users to access the most basic ones, such as call making, texting, and manually receiving emails. While under this mode, the smartphone will use roughly 1% of you battery every 3 hours, which is quite an impressive result.
Be advised that the update has started rolling out just today, so it may take a while before it makes its way to your new HTC One (M8).
Sprint HTC One (M8) update
1. The changelog of the update
2. Extreme power saving mode
3. Extreme power saving mode in action
source: Sprint via Android Central
1. Anshulonweb (Posts: 319; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
thats good....my xperia sp used just 1% in 5-6 hours but it was before android 4.3 update came.... hope sony fixes this issue.... and I never used stamina mode...
3. bachir8k (Posts: 95; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
best results for extreme power saving is only with AMOLED screens
4. Ishmeet (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
Such a feat.
My note 2 consumes just 1% in standby in 8 hours. Achievement yet?
8. ihavenoname (Posts: 1430; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
My Note 3 is not as good, but probably over 4 or 5 hours.
6. iushnt (Posts: 666; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
looks like someone copied ultra power saving mode from s5
7. ihavenoname (Posts: 1430; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
If this was done by Apple or same kind of action was made by Samsung, everybody would be complaining about copying and how crappy the company (Apple or Samsung) is.
9. doejon (Posts: 357; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
lool "ultra power saving mode" on a lcd screen hahaha just a good marketing trick HTC
11. Withtechfriends (Posts: 17; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
Did you read what this does? Both Samsung and HTC's Extreme modes turn off all but the essential options except calling, texting, email.
Try reading before you make yourself look so uneducated. I'm sure you aren't as stupid as you make yourself seem.
10. Withtechfriends (Posts: 17; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
How was this update pushed to Sprint, but not the Developer Edition?!?