The Dark Knight Rises: Prologue app is exclusive for Nokia Lumia phones and shows events before the movie
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2012, 12:01 posted on
Nokia Lumia owners have received an exclusive app showing a comic strip called The Dark Knight Rises: Prologue which reveals what happens in the third installment of the Dark Knight series before the start of the movie...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I love and like the N9, more than these phones above.
Will be watching the movie soon.
2. Sniggly (Posts: 6197; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
My only two big questions are about the Dent act and the Joker's fate. Other than that, mostly everything else is pretty well understood in the movie.
3. microsoftexclusive.com (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
we think the new leaked samsung phones(link below) are going have some impact on the sales of these lumia handsets.not sure though.
4. microsoftexclusive.com (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
lumia hansets are beautiful if not super spec'd
5. microsoftexclusive.com (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
and hopefuly newer lumia handsets will be considerably improved
6. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Of course the new Lumia devices will have Dual-core processors and even Quad-core eventually, it´s a no-brainer!. Why wouldn´t they have that on their new devices????? In fact, WP8 can support up to 64 cores, so at this point everybody should know that.
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2439; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Why is it exclusive to one device that has only seen a little success in the US? Would have made more sense to release it onto devices that have done well and have more of a presence in the marketplace like the iphone or something so everyone can enjoy it.
8. Sniggly (Posts: 6197; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
If you knew anything about the history of the Nolan Batman films you would know why. Nokia has had a major partnership with Warner over the movies since The Dark Knight, at least. It's like Iron Man and LG. In fact, when the Dark Knight came out Nokia had a special edition flip phone for Verizon.
11. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2439; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
So? It would have made more business sense to release it on devices that are in more consumer hands.
12. Sniggly (Posts: 6197; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
You don't think it's possible that there is a multi movie contract involved?
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2439; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I know its possible. I just think its silly.
14. Sniggly (Posts: 6197; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yeah, it's silly, but it's part of whatever marketing deal they have. I mean, Nolan never seemed keen on really promoting brands through his movies anyway, which is one of the reasons I like him. As good as Iron Man was, at times it felt like I was watching little more than a parade of commercials for LG Verizon phones and Audi.
As a matter of fact, their desire for product placement resulted in an obvious flub, when Tony Stark uses an LG VX9400 to talk to Obadiah, WITH VIDEO, IN FU.CKING AFGHANISTAN.
It was stupid, is what I'm saying.
15. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2439; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The movies represent two different types of superheroes obviously. What did you expect them to do use a made up crappy phone? I've seen both movies and none of them seem at all like obvious product placements.
I am saying it was stupid as well.
16. Sniggly (Posts: 6197; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yeah, why not do so? Or at least use a global phone that would actually WORK in Afghanistan.
And the placement isn't as glaringly obvious as it was in the 70s, but it was still pretty bad. Every car is an Audi. Every phone is an LG Verizon phone.
18. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2439; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Oh you mean like the Droid that you love so much? Yeah sure that wouldn't be product placement at all. /sarcasm
19. Sniggly (Posts: 6197; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I didn't say using a different product wouldn't still be product placement. It would just not look stupid.
17. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
I'd rather see a Nokia phone on the movies than an iphone....if Batman would've used an iphone, i would've stop watching the movie right there.
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5170; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I never see Bruce Wayne/Batman even hold a NOKIA phone in the movie. the last phone i think I remember was a LG that was part one
10. Sniggly (Posts: 6197; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Go back and watch the Hong Kong scene in The Dark Knight.