The Blackout Pocket is like draping Harry Potter's invisibility cloak on your phone
0. phoneArena 14 Dec 2013, 10:54 posted on
Remember Harry Potter's invisibility cloak? Anyone wearing it would be invisible. While not exactly the same thing, the Scottevest Blackout Pocket gives you the same results for your smartphone. Designed to look like your average, everyday pencil case, all you need to do is put your phone inside it and to those tracking it via GPS, it will appear as though your phone has fallen off the ends of the earth...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 218; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I have a serious concern regarding the KGB, the CIA, M-I6, among others, obtaining my cell phone data. So this product is perfect to protect myself from prying eyes.
2. camera531 (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Haha agreed. This is like crap from an infomercial for paranoid suckers. "Even with the battery removed you'll still be tracked." What a joke.
4. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1126; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I've been wondering the same thing too... how can they track us even with batteries removed??? Are they joking????
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Fewer and fewer phones are being produced with removable batteries. While the ad takes some liberties, removable batteries are definitely disappearing.
6. promise7 (Posts: 520; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
No thanks, I have some tinfoil left over after making my hat that I'll just use to wrap my phone with.
10. ZeroCide (Posts: 707; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
They just may need it. Who would have thought that the tinfoil wearing loons were right. the government was tracking you.
7. Lacertae (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)
Well, should a person be so fortunate as to have a technologically unstable stalker, the utility may prove valuable. Just be sure to carry extra spare tires in case your assailant finds you and slashes your tires.
8. buccob (Posts: 1813; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
If the Level 3 blocks EMPs then I am interested...
9. buccob (Posts: 1813; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Soooo this what thief are going to use when robbing our phones?