The Asus Transformer Book V is introduced: Android/Windows laptop and tablet with Android phone
0. phoneArena 02 Jun 2014, 02:58 posted on
At Computex in Taipei, Asus has just announced a pretty serious piece of hardware dubbed the Asus Transformer Book V. The device has a 12.5 inch screen for use as a laptop/tablet running Windows 8.1. Under the hood is an Intel Core CPU with 4GB of RAM on board. 1TB of native storage is included on the Windows side of the equation, with the hard drive found embedded inside the QWERTY keyboard...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Holy sheeeeet! This thing is a beast even without the phone.
2. mmmanuuu (Posts: 210; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Its got a keyboard. How can it be a tablet ? Or is it removable ?
3. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 859; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Removable like all their other transformer line.
5. na7noo7 (Posts: 229; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
I want all of these now! Phone isn't enough, laptop is broken, tablet is slow.
6. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 719; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I don't get it. So the tablet part can be used without the phone to run Windows, or is the phone necessary to power the tablet/laptop?
7. ilovepure (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
Nope, it is not necessary. The phone bring LTE connectivity to the tablet on the move. Without the phone, you can only connect to the net using the Wifi on the tablet
9. electrophage (Posts: 36; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Given that's its taken three-four years to get a US carrier to offer even the updated original version of the padfone, (which still isn't quite available for sale) its questionable if we will see this on our shore during its viable lifetime.
10. Neo_Huang (Posts: 378; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
This is literally exactly what I was looking for a couple of months ago. If it wasn't for this, I probably would have stabbed someone by now because of how pissed I am from Apple adding widget and third party keyboard support.