The Archos 80 Xenon tablet is coming next month for $199, featuring quad-core processing power
0. phoneArena 16 May 2013, 20:18 posted on
Archos expects to introduce the 8 inch Archos 80 Xenon tablet in June, priced at $199; the 8 inch screen offers resolution of 1024 x 768 and the tablet is powered by a quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor under the hood. While 1GB of RAM is on board, the slate has just 4GB of native storage although that can be expanded by use of the 64GB capacity microSD slot...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
For the S4pro to push that screen is not enough power, cause once widgets and live wallpapers are active, it will lag.
1Gb Ram is to less.
But for $200, it's not bad.
5. semipro1337 (Posts: 77; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Yea um.... no. should have no problem pushing the resolution here, especially since it's got jb and full hardware acceleration. How many widgets you need on one screen anyway?
7. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
The Acer 8inch is cheaper by $30. Not saying its a good tablet but atleast it will cost less for very similar specs...
8. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 161; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
The Xperia Tablet Z has a 10 inch full HD screen with a s4 pro and run smoothly. The 1 GB of ram might not be enough, but for 200 dollars, this is a great tablet
16. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1478; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
And you are wrong again...
Where that it says that uses the S4 PRO?
Archos as always is playing dirty on the processor. The only quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 are PLAY, with A5 cores and Adreno 203.
You won't need widgets and live wallpapers for tha SoC to lag...
2. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Right then and there when I saw the screen resolution I stopped reading the article
3. semipro1337 (Posts: 77; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Eyes that bad that you need 1080p to be satisfied? Show me another tablet at this price point with everything this has. I can't think of any...
6. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Pipo u1 pro (a China OEM) sells their Rockchip 1,6 Mali400 mp powered 720p ips tablets for $160...a far more powerful device than this archos pos...I mean waay more powerful...did I forget to tell you that it's a 1280 x 720? Google it boy...you're missing a lot
9. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Ive owned a few China tabs and both broke down within a year. One was dropped but the other just stopped charging. Reason I bring it up is beacuse the build quality for tablets from China are horrible with no warranty. I wouldnt buy either the Archos or the Pipo u1 but if I had to choose Id take the Archos anyday over any China tablet.
10. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Archos IS 100 percent China, does it scream quality? Hell No...your point is invalid and ignorant...
Same innards, it's just the name that differs
13. semipro1337 (Posts: 77; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Archos is French. Maybe their stuff is built in China but so is apples stuff so they are just as Chinese as anything else imported from China right?
14. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Oh the irony in you calling someone ignorant...
11. semipro1337 (Posts: 77; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
And they also have built in 3g right? And I'd trust Archos over some chinese OEM brand...
4. FlushGordon (unregistered)
A low end device with a mid range price? And Archos hopes to sell many of these? Somebody give them a slap in the face
12. semipro1337 (Posts: 77; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
You sure got lots of negative s**t to say. How's your tablet selling? You making money? Archos is. Shove it.