The Apple iPhone made up 20% of T-Mobile's smartphone sales in Q2
0. phoneArena 08 Aug 2013, 16:51 posted on
Early Thursday morning, we passed along T-Mobile's second quarter earnings report; for the most part, it was a strong three months for the carrier, although the view was a bit murky thanks to the inclusion of MetroPCS for two of the three months in the quarter. The nation's fourth largest carrier started selling the Apple iPhone 5 on April 12th, which helped T-Mobile sell 4.3 million smartphones in the quarter...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. scsa852k (Posts: 328; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
21% iPhone and 14% S4..
The rest are buying cheap phones I guess.
T-Mobile.com is displaying Lumia 521 and Galaxy S2 as their top sellers right now.
10. donfem (Posts: 573; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
And where did you get your info, if I may ask? Guesswork reveals so much about the person though
3. sprockkets (Posts: 1572; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Yea! People can now like TMob because of the iphone without Tmob getting raped to death by its piss poor subsidy apple gives it.
5. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 426; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
T-Mobile needs to change theme colors pink no thanks and coverage too
6. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
And why in the report are not telling if it is the iphone 5 or all iphones in general?
Because Alan refers to THEM as the "Apple's iconinc smartphone" when in reallity that 20% is probably the whole "iphones" family, and then you compare that against one single model from Samsung....
8. wgaurav (Posts: 22; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
Correct me if I am wrong, but I guess previous generations of Iphones did not support T-Mo spectrum bands. So i guess its just I-Phone 5.
9. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
+1 for you, as you are probably right and me just ranting.
11. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Nope, actually it seems that T-Mobile also sells the iphone 4S at least
7. JMartin22 (Posts: 1607; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Lol, too bad the SApple people do not use enough common sense to realize that the next iteration of their phone of choice is about a month away.