The Apple iPad is no longer dominating the tablet market
0. phoneArena 05 Aug 2013, 14:51 posted on
Apple's days of domination of the tablet market have come to an end based on the latest data; during its fiscal third quarter, Apple shipped a fewer than expected 14.6 million tablets which was down from the prior year's figure of 17 million. Meanwhile, shipments of Android flavored slates rose from 10.7 million in 2012 to 28.2 million during the second calendar quarter (equivalent to Apple's Q3)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
27. maketas (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
As long as that tablet does whatever the user needs, its a good tablet even if it is the RT
50. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I want too see the NOKIA windows TABLET. now that's a tablet too wait for
18. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
Android is better than apple by far... sorry apple way behind
19. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i would say its more affordable by far...
22. khaledmhawesh (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I am the only one who thinks apple is going downnnn ??!! :D
34. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I knew that once Steve died. Tim would not even know how to tie his own shoes if it wasn't for Steve. Expect to see Tim shown the door in less than 2 years from now. No one but Steve could run Apple. The past is repeating itself; again.
38. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I think that even with Steve Jobs Apple would still run in to such problems if strategy would not be changed.
31. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Don't worry everyone. The thin bezels, A7 processor and camera of the ipad 5 will turn everything around.
Just kidding! Apple is freaking doomed? Android does it better at a cheaper price.
Sent from my Nexus 7 2013
33. jamesedward318 (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Dec 2010)
Jobs is in heaven right now shaking his head.
40. tedkord (Posts: 7653; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The guy was an entitled prick, who regularly berated and belittled employees and denied his own daughter for years. Sorry, if Steve is shaking his head right now, it's while looking up.
59. darkkjedii (Posts: 16238; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
So you can't look up while in heaven lol
35. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Nice to see they finally got some competition. Suck on that Taco50...
42. lil2070 (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I thought nexus 7 alone sold approx 5 million units last year ... and it was from Asus
52. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
nexus 7 2 . Can't wait to get my hands on that babe.
67. Trex95 (Posts: 785; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Best Android tablet. But still you have to live with these big and tall bezel!.
56. downphoenix (Posts: 2816; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
is Amazon really shipping less than Acer and Lenovo? Find it hard to believe.
66. Trex95 (Posts: 785; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Ipad still the best tablet Period phonearena.
78. PhoneCritic (Posts: 474; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
For all the iPad fans - The iPad is till a good device for what it does the 3 with the great display is fantastic. However we all knew this day would come. Nothing last for ever and I guess Apple is seeing this first hand as there will always be a prettier, sexier and younger face. I knew this would happen as I see this as just a repeat of the PC and Mac wars all over again. But look Apple is still in the fight. Hp- gone, Dell-gone, Gateway -gone and so on and so on.
But here we have Apple and Google Open and Closed Propriety and Open standards. What has history shown? Those who don't learn from it are doom to repeat it. Apple has just repeated history.
Android fanboys - Nothing last forever today android tomorrow a new tech with new players.
Samsung, HTC, LG etc will all make way for the new guys.
All fanboys- Enjoy what you have now as long as it gets the job done for you.
80. 9thWonderful (Posts: 232; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Congrats Android...but ehh, I'll stick w/my iPad. Ppl scream all day about the specs & functionality w/Android but their tablets are like polished terds. Android starts out great but over time it slowly develops issue after issue. They pull you in w/all these features & pretty soon you are wanting the next best thing b/c your current isn't so great any more. I'd say the only respectable android tablets are probably the Nexus 7/10...the rest...Samsung, Acer, Lenovo, Motorola etc...y'all can have all that. I'm rockin' w/iPad.
PS - the only thing ill ever own LG is appliances. LG is the new ZTE.