The Apple iPad evolution: iPad 3 vs iPad 2 vs iPad
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2012, 16:05 posted on
At first, there was the iPad – a device that was meant to fill the gap between the iPhone and the Mac. It was different from anything that people were used to calling "a tablet" at that time...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Its obvious to me, they intend for everyone to change the name of their iFad 2 to iFad Classic, with a little swoosh below it! See, simple, as in simplton.
29. galaxyisking (Posts: 58; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
its ferrari, magnum, and blue steel. :)
3. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
of course haters will say it hasnt changed...
4. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hey gallito... it really hasnt changed that much looking at the side by side comparison...
significant changes tho:
im very content with what they upgraded it to tho... i really think they did a great job... i think a lot of users will be very pleased with it...
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
after seeing the competition and their ugly looking tablets.. hopt they keep the same beautiful desing....
16. GeekMovement (Posts: 1898; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
says the guy who said that the competition tablets are copying apple's design...
i guess that means if other tablets are ugly, the ipad is just as ugly.
you make no sense.
22. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
thats why they are ugly... because they copied models... Imake more sense they the fandroids acting like 5 years old
27. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Not really, it is very difficult to understand you. Take a remedial englisg class for christ's sake.
18. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Too bad the ipad can't teach you proper grammar and spelling, THEN I could get behind it.
23. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
Edgar Allan Poe
7. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Hey, genius, it hasn't. Even apple didn't have the heart to call it the '3' because not even apple could convince themselves that it's anything other than an ipad (big ipod) 2.00000000001
12. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
you are a geek what do you know about advertising
14. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
And you are clearly mildly to severely retarded. We aren't talking about advertising, it is undeniable apple has one of the best marketing teams in the world. That's how they have been able to sell the drones the same product (ipod) with SLIGHT variations for so many years.
We're talking about how (SURPRISE) apple added barely anything at all and called it a "new" and "innovative" product. Even with your learning disability this should be apparent, do try to keep up.
15. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
thats not what you said...
"Even apple didn't have the heart to call it the '3"
thats what you said...
acording to marketing 101 is called new.. well beacuse is the newset released device.. I saw the presentation and didnt hear the words "innovation"... could have miss them. but I doubt it... but of course you wil reply with a bunch of excuses when i called you out on how ignorant you sounded
19. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Y'know, I could go back and forth with you all day, but I think I'll just accept that you are a retarded man and move on with my life. Enjoy your ipod37, cellibacy, and extremely poor command of the english language. Well, you don't really command it so much as you meekly make suggestions and hope for the best.
24. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
coming from a ignorant and childish fandroid, I will take it as a complimment..
31. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
1. You use "an" in place of "a" when the next word starts with a vowel or an "h"
2. Sentences should be capitalized
3. The hell is a "complimment"
4. GED. Get one.
37. frydaexiii (Posts: 1332; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
and you're just a dumb saleman who only cares about marketing and advertistment...You're in the wrong place idiot, go back in line for the "new iCrap".
Leave the iOS argument to the real tech people who know what they're saying...
33. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
since you talk a lot about this "new" marketing advantage the name "new iPad" will bring, tell us about it.. prove us that indeed what you are saying is true.. i need prove here, angry bird..
9. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
even though the battery size almost doubled the new ipad gets the same battery life as the ipad 2. and it is nearly the same exact design. and ios still looks the same.
30. galaxyisking (Posts: 58; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
of course there different look at them! haha.
5. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Well. Ill give them credit for giving it a Retina Display. Apple finally caught up with the 1GB of RAM. 4G LTE is a good addition. And its still a beautiful tablet. But this is in simular retrospect to the iPhone 4S. in my opinion. overhyped. It DOES look the same. And thats a bit of a disapointment. Apple could have given people Size options. But as usual they want everyone to conform. Maybe i want a 7in iPad. Maybe i want a 10.1in iPad. So Yeah. Kudos for the Improvements. But this is not "New" its refreshed. Just like the Porsche 911. Which hasnt essentially changed in over 20 years. Just model refresh after model refresh. And That works for Porsche because the 911 is an icon. Maybe Apple sees there devices as modern day icons and refuse to change it because of that.
10. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
damn good point... thumbs up! never looked at it like that (porsche reference)
34. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
yeah, and when HTC does the icon thing, the whole community screams in disappointment..
but kudos to the marketing department at apple, they really do a great job marketing a high resolution screen, just look at the initial response.. i'm sure it will sell millions..
6. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
It has been repackaged,and presented as the "New And Improved" iPad,
3 times now!!! But iSh**p will keep on droning in to buy it...
It has reached religious status with them,so they MUST buy it,or risk losing their precious social status symbol. it amazes me they haven't built a shrine to Jobs yet,to wait for his second coming...
17. taco5.0 (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What a horrible day for PA's resident fandroids. PA is splashed top to bottom with iPad 3 articles. It's clearly THE BEST tablet on the market. It will outsell any other tablet 5 to 1.
Squalz you must be crying
21. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I can't deny that iPad will outsell any other tablets right now. The new iPad does have pretty impressive specs and it is indeed an evolution in the iPad history.
However, "best tablet" is too overrated. The reason why "i" product has been outselling is due to large amount of people who buy Apple brand name without look at the product specs. Out of the number of people whom I asked "why do you want iPhone/iPad?". The only answer they could give me is "It is Apple, it is cool, everyone else have it".
35. Slammer (Posts: 1394; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
I am dismayed, yet intrigued, on how Apple's Phil Schiller can have the audacity to claim this iPad is "Revolutionary".
Apple has gotten rich off throwing this word around.
Yes, it has a retina display, faster processor, faster GPU,LTE and better camera than its predecessors. However, these things only make it evolutionary; not revolutionary.
Most every electronic device "evolves" by improving on the previous standard.
I would accept the arrogance of Apple better, if they would just level with consumers on proper lingo rather than trying to discredit the capabilities of the competiton's products by claiming the iPad is "Revolutionary" as in a product never seen before.
In comparison, most of the tablets entering the market, have better specs for the most part.
36. kemjus (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Agreed! It would be cool if phone arena had an Android Tablet evolution or just Android evolution vs. Apple evolution! Then we can finally see who has innovative hardware and software. Instead of who has the more innovative marketing team (apple).
38. jibraihimi (Posts: 709; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I don't know why so much hype and hooplah over the name of 'new ipad'...... It's obvious this ipad is ipad 2s, and now seeing this ipad I'm sure that next iPhone will not iPhone 5, but in fact the 'new iPhone' will be called 'iPhone 4Gs' or on other thought I think, it wll be called 'the newer iphone'......... :)