The All New HTC One (M8) pictured again, this time in gold
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2014, 08:15 posted on
HTC's new flagship smartphone, which should be announced on March 25, can be now seen in a gold version. The handset's final name could be The All New One...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aayupanday (Posts: 543; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
STUNNING design but the presence of that HTC logo makes it absolutely ridiculous..
Would've been brilliant if they could somehow accommodate a 5.2" panel in that body.
Preferred the old design a lot more but not a fan of rounded corners...
28. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
i think this year is not htc year. its LG year design wise this year
34. EgyDroid (Posts: 111; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Sony has an AWESOME design,Big bezel though
And LG has a great design but i'd prefer matte back instead of glossy
45. nokia12 (Posts: 447; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
to me this design looks ugly because of rounded corners .. htc one was fantastic.. this looks like a samsung with dual speakers
26. MucuCat (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
it looks like almost every other smartphone (the front resambless the galaxy s4 imo), but it has HUGE bezels for a 2014 flagship device. i just dont get what you guys see on this device and why are you willing to pay loads of money for it..
52. Doakie (Posts: 1466; Member since: 06 May 2009)
It's like Peter Chou said "NO NO NO! MORE BEZELS! MORE BEEEEZEEEEEELS!"
30. KParks23 (Posts: 497; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Can someone explain the point of putting the buttons on screen but still have the room for the capacitive buttons next to the HTC logs like the original one seems pretty stupid to me!
43. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
That's what I don't understand either. I hate on screen buttons but I'm gonna have to get use to them I WANT this!!!
49. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
All desire for me wanting this went out with that decision, it makes no sense. Just don't use on-screen buttons if they're going leave that giant logo space. The giant bezels don't help either, at least Sony seems to have the giant bezels to make it's phone IP57 spec, which is a fair trade-off to me. :/
42. aksa123 (Posts: 270; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
The body is just like samsung !?
Oh and htc, you need to do something about that name first...
46. MucuCat (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
i agree! everyone hates samungs design, but when htc does it it looks great? (again i do not like samsung)
48. igorb81 (Posts: 31; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yuck... what kind of crap is this with 2012 bezels. I personally don't care for the speakers so it makes it even worse. I hardly ever use speakers on my S4. Not impressed at all. Another fail by HTC. So much dead space all around this phone. I feel bad for HTC. I used HTC back in the day. I really like my EVO when it first came out. This is just embarrassing.
50. amro99 (Posts: 85; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I hate the:
- rounded corners
- large bezels
- stupid htc logo
- unequal speaker grills
I'm starting to wish htc had kept the m8 design identical to m7's :-(
51. Doakie (Posts: 1466; Member since: 06 May 2009)
You match my hate list identically. Too bad we weren't in HTCs focus group.
59. .AppleJack (Posts: 21; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
Damn I have nothing about this android phones but WHY THEY ARE COPYING THE IPHONE ELEMENTS first the golden color, then the double flash and the beezels it just needs to have the fingerprint scanner to be a bigger iphone .__.
3. MrTzr (unregistered)
What is the advantage of having on-screen buttons? It only takes screen space. They should have used the bezel for capacitive ones.
23. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 409; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
On screen buttons are supposed to allow for less bezel. Unless your HTC, in that case you keep all the bezel.
33. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
+1. But I guess XDA will be able to create a ROM that uses the capacitive area (if there is one) below the display as capacitive buttons.
6. dritani (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
OMG, it's so beutiful...again. I'll need to upgrade!!!
24. MucuCat (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
it looks exactly like galaxy s4, just with bigger bezzels and big speakers... (i dont like samsung)
39. Heatfan316 (Posts: 493; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
You hit it right on the nose bro...Not!
7. silencer271 (Posts: 254; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Waiting on the other HTC phone. Dual grills just kill it for me
8. newbey123 (Posts: 503; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Love the phone itself, but never been a fan of gold phones. Was hoping they would have a black version, but I will settle for grey in order to get this beast phone. Hurry up and release it HTC.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't know how to say this, the design doesn't look as sexy as the One, and the corners are too rounded? DAT BEZEL is there because of the HTC logo, why not just craft it into the metal? That would look more elegant I think.
12. Diego! (Posts: 533; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I don't like this at all. I prefer the HTC One design way better. The upper speaker is ugly compared to the one below. I don't like it in gold either :(
13. PlayStationHidden (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
It's BEAUTIFUL, and I'm also a huge fan of htc, but that bezel simply needs to GO! Just look at the usable area (above the virtual keys) of the screen and compare it to the entire phone, the amount of bezel is RIDICULOUS!!
14. Väliaikainen (unregistered)
Will be overall better than the S5! So beautiful!
18. newbey123 (Posts: 503; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Have to agree. I have always felt the One was a better all around phone than S5.
15. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
I must say, HTC nailed it with this One. Make one in bronze!
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't like this One, really. This One doesn't look that sexy, and that is One big bezel and awfully rounded corners.
19. RizwanYaqoob (Posts: 17; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
I was expecting something 'WoW' but to be honest HTC One actually seems successor to this thing. I'm waiting for official announcement and if HTC really has something like this I'll stay with my HTC One until iPhone 6 launch.
20. Sauce (unregistered)
22. csoulr666 (Posts: 95; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
Although the phone looks good, it still isn't better in terms of design when it comes to the OG One
Plus "The All New HTC One" is far better than "HTC One Two"
25. Emmanuelz (Posts: 78; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
Whats the point of having an announcement on the 25th of next month. The phone is already out
27. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I'm not an HTC fan, but the phone looks nice, hopefully it will take better pictures
31. newbey123 (Posts: 503; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
I think that is what the twin cameras on the back are for.
29. remtothemax (Posts: 244; Member since: 02 May 2012)
gah, i fear the bezels may sink this ship
32. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 930; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Honestly looks really ugly. I've always preferred boxy designs
35. GuidoB (Posts: 14; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Nah, I would prefer the gray or silver version
36. Whateverman (Posts: 3235; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Phone looks good, but the HTC logo at the bottom of the screen is wasted space. This was an issue for many of us last year, and this year they've double down on it by using on screen buttons and leavinf their useless logo in place of what could have been more visible screen space. Bad move IMO, but I'm sure the general consumer won't mind it.
38. jove39 (Posts: 1400; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I hope its not real...look creepy in gold...and design is worst than last year! On screen buttons and tall bottom bezel for htc logo makes no sense...htc will be criticized for screwing up what was best design of last year!
40. greathero1 (Posts: 527; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Excellent evolution of the original design IMO. Also, I don't really understand why people are complaining about the bezels. Sure they could have been smaller but the speakers are much more important to me then trimmed downed bezels. Also, they still pale in comparison to the Sony & Nokia phones. Can't wait to see this side by side with the S5!
41. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Hard to say if I like this. Looks too much round for my taste but it might be more ergonomic for use. I would like the gold but I think I will have to see videos of this device before I can say I like it. After all its not all about the looks.
44. manjak (Posts: 11; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
All of the htc one beauty is gone... All changes are for worse. It's so round, just like samsung. Where's htc style??? I still hope this is fake...
47. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 392; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Yuk. Do not want. Htc one x was a beautiful design (crap phone but beautiful design) i doubt i'll buy another htc especially when they keep putting large bezels on flagships
53. 1701nino (unregistered)
Wtf do you people want???What bezels?I personaly don't care if my phone has 0.0005' less bezels,far more important is the screen,i use my phone a lot for watching youtube so yes the speakers do matter.I think HTC has nailed it this time,they enhanced their original htc one design and made it better,apple does it every 2 years why can't HTC?+ for all of you complaining about the HTC logo on the front this is a 5' phone so it will be the same as GS5 in terms of dimensions. Just hope the get the camera right this time.
61. aksa123 (Posts: 270; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
It's design mate, design. Screen is another matter and we cannot see it right now.
65. 1701nino (unregistered)
I think design is awesome,the thing is that these days when someone starts bashing a certain thing online everybody joins them,well not me,i think that the bezels on this phone are super and the htc logo on the front genius.
55. .KRATOS. (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Pretty but y the HTC logo in the bottom it takes space n it's meanless.
56. Fuego84 (Posts: 305; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Does it have ir blaster? I might forgive the stupid screen size issue with the black HTC logo if it has an ir blaster. If not a Galaxy note 3 is in my future or more waiting.
57. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 154; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
My next phone will either be this or Z2 or iPhone 6 or G3. Though Samsung is pretty good, after having to replace my s3 three times, I'm pretty annoyed.