The All New HTC One (M8) pictured again, this time in gold
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2014, 08:15 posted on
HTC's new flagship smartphone, which should be announced on March 25, can be now seen in a gold version. The handset's final name could be The All New One...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
STUNNING design but the presence of that HTC logo makes it absolutely ridiculous..
Would've been brilliant if they could somehow accommodate a 5.2" panel in that body.
Preferred the old design a lot more but not a fan of rounded corners...
28. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
i think this year is not htc year. its LG year design wise this year
34. EgyDroid (Posts: 111; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Sony has an AWESOME design,Big bezel though
And LG has a great design but i'd prefer matte back instead of glossy
45. nokia12 (Posts: 492; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
to me this design looks ugly because of rounded corners .. htc one was fantastic.. this looks like a samsung with dual speakers
26. MucuCat (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
it looks like almost every other smartphone (the front resambless the galaxy s4 imo), but it has HUGE bezels for a 2014 flagship device. i just dont get what you guys see on this device and why are you willing to pay loads of money for it..
52. Doakie (Posts: 2064; Member since: 06 May 2009)
It's like Peter Chou said "NO NO NO! MORE BEZELS! MORE BEEEEZEEEEEELS!"
30. KParks23 (Posts: 627; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Can someone explain the point of putting the buttons on screen but still have the room for the capacitive buttons next to the HTC logs like the original one seems pretty stupid to me!
43. vandroid (Posts: 328; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
That's what I don't understand either. I hate on screen buttons but I'm gonna have to get use to them I WANT this!!!
49. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
All desire for me wanting this went out with that decision, it makes no sense. Just don't use on-screen buttons if they're going leave that giant logo space. The giant bezels don't help either, at least Sony seems to have the giant bezels to make it's phone IP57 spec, which is a fair trade-off to me. :/
42. aksa123 (Posts: 320; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
The body is just like samsung !?
Oh and htc, you need to do something about that name first...
46. MucuCat (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
i agree! everyone hates samungs design, but when htc does it it looks great? (again i do not like samsung)
48. igorb81 (Posts: 77; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yuck... what kind of crap is this with 2012 bezels. I personally don't care for the speakers so it makes it even worse. I hardly ever use speakers on my S4. Not impressed at all. Another fail by HTC. So much dead space all around this phone. I feel bad for HTC. I used HTC back in the day. I really like my EVO when it first came out. This is just embarrassing.
50. amro99 (Posts: 105; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I hate the:
- rounded corners
- large bezels
- stupid htc logo
- unequal speaker grills
I'm starting to wish htc had kept the m8 design identical to m7's :-(
51. Doakie (Posts: 2064; Member since: 06 May 2009)
You match my hate list identically. Too bad we weren't in HTCs focus group.
59. .AppleJack (Posts: 22; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
Damn I have nothing about this android phones but WHY THEY ARE COPYING THE IPHONE ELEMENTS first the golden color, then the double flash and the beezels it just needs to have the fingerprint scanner to be a bigger iphone .__.
3. MrTzr (unregistered)
What is the advantage of having on-screen buttons? It only takes screen space. They should have used the bezel for capacitive ones.
23. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 413; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
On screen buttons are supposed to allow for less bezel. Unless your HTC, in that case you keep all the bezel.
33. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
+1. But I guess XDA will be able to create a ROM that uses the capacitive area (if there is one) below the display as capacitive buttons.
6. dritani (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
OMG, it's so beutiful...again. I'll need to upgrade!!!
24. MucuCat (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
it looks exactly like galaxy s4, just with bigger bezzels and big speakers... (i dont like samsung)
7. silencer271 (Posts: 254; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Waiting on the other HTC phone. Dual grills just kill it for me
8. newbey123 (Posts: 602; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Love the phone itself, but never been a fan of gold phones. Was hoping they would have a black version, but I will settle for grey in order to get this beast phone. Hurry up and release it HTC.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't know how to say this, the design doesn't look as sexy as the One, and the corners are too rounded? DAT BEZEL is there because of the HTC logo, why not just craft it into the metal? That would look more elegant I think.