The 5" Sony C660X Yuga to arrive titled as Sony Xperia Z
0. phoneArena 21 Dec 2012, 08:49 posted on
The Sony C660X Yuga handset might actually be a codename for the device, and the commercial naming scheme is rumored to be the Xperia Z. If true, it won't be a big surprise given the purported specs of the device that Sony would give it the last letter in its Xperia line of Android handsets. The phone, that got previewed just recently, sports a 5" Full HD display, 12 MP Exmor RS sensor, 2 GB of RAM, a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset with LTE radio, and a full suite of ports, including a microSD and microHDMI ones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Atlas (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
Hopefully this is the last single letter Xperia, I miss names like Arc, Ray, etc.
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Aren't the first letters of the alphabet missing????
A, B, C and the rest??
16. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
sony definitely has to get its naming scheme together...but this looks like an almost perfect flagship...could 2013 be the year of Sony?
2. GUNDAM (Posts: 63; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
i still would rather the flagships be called the Xperia Odin and Xperia Yuga haha XD. sounds more cool than a letter from the alphabet
24. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
True those names would sound more apealing for me than those single to dual letter names that they're currently using.
5. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
If these specs are true then damn Sony...
Btw Phone Arena, you forgot to mention that the screen will have the OptiContrast technology
7. ahhxd717 (Posts: 300; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Well I'm up for an upgrade in February so I'm excited for all the new phones coming out. I'm definitely looking out for this one
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4600; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Rumors says that Sony Yuga will be for Asia.
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4600; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And Sony Odin for the rest.
I'm waiting news about Sony Odin. :)
8. noim1 (Posts: 286; Member since: 15 May 2012)
hmmm..looks good ..but this time i move away from SONY ..they have disapointed me with the JB update....they don't take care of their Premium or Flagship users ..they need to learn something from Sammy ...these days they r all in to flooding the market with phones ...very upset with SONY ..but its Nexus 4 for S4 for me for my NXT phone...
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4600; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You mean capacity?
I have read some rumors which says that it will be something between 2100 and 2500 mAh.
14. Omarc07 (Posts: 202; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
hopefully att gets it! it would make me so happy .
15. Gideon9090 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
This phone looks great, I only hope Sony will release it with Android 4.2.
17. Twisted247 (Posts: 193; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Hot damn, with specs like these becoming the "regular" among the Flagships I can't wait to see what Samsung releases next year to Blow everything away!
Maybe HTC will step in and make another beast mid 2k13
18. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Samsung Galaxy S4/NOTE 3 will get competition from the XPERIA SUPERPHONE which will release at IFA 2013 :)
and HTC , you joking ? its days are way over since SONY took over !
26. ReaperChief (Posts: 31; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Sorry, man, but you forget that Sony is in a heap of trouble financially.. Samsung is the only one which makes profit out of Android...
19. emadshiny (Posts: 1086; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
when they call it "Xperia Z", maybe they want to say that it is the END of mobile phones :D
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5639; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
LOOKS BETTER EVERY TIME I KEEP looking at it! pretty soon SONY will be out OF LETTERS by next spring
21. ReaperChief (Posts: 31; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Sony = Everyone is gonna launch Arm A15 SoCs and i'm just sitting here A9-ing. The fact that everyone is launching their artillery at CES means that they are scared of what is about to come from Samsung in terms of smartphones. Samsung is the only smartphone producer that combines staggering hardware with brilliant software, so.. why would I just buy this Sony or any other powerful handset (Droid DNA, Optimus G, ZTE Nubia, Oppo Find 5) if it can't use the muscle in a smart way? Samsung seems to me to have become the only one in the market to understand the need for better software instead of just some hardware on a spec list.
23. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Once youve used a Snapdragon S4 Quad based device as your daily driver you will realize that the processor battle, as far as day-to-day usage goes is over. Its a 100% fluid experience that never stutters and handles everything you throw at it with ease. Sure, new processors may edge the S4 Quad in the future; but it wont matter because the only way to tell the difference wil be wth synthetic benchmarks.
25. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Damn, I was all geared up to get an S3 or Xperia T at the end of the week.
... I think I'm destined to never get a new phone. There's always a new one on the horizon I like when I'm about to get one.
27. romeo1 (Posts: 150; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Nice of sony to call this the Z as the laptop that is called Z is also made with premium casing.
I think they should pick a couple of names like Neo and call the newer one the neo2 a bit like sammy does with their galaxys