The 20 best weather widgets you should check out
The 20 best weather widgets you should check out Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
The 20 best weather widgets you should check out
1. Solo Weather
2. Eye in Sky
7. Nice Weather
15. EZ Weather
16. Yahoo Weather
17. Palmary Weather
1. nexusdude (Posts: 139; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
Weather widgets have lost their meaning with time. Now all I need is the DashClock widget extension and for more specific information - Google Now.
4. Finalflash (Posts: 1416; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Wondering what would revive the widget situation though? A lot of them have gone by the way side without updates and people I think are generally losing interest since they seem to have hit a brick wall in terms of new development. What would make the weather/clock widget, calendar, etc. useful or appealing again?
2. tech2 (Posts: 1745; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
On the borderline but Dashclock and Yahoo Weather deserves a mention too !
5. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2173; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
That's what you fruit fans say. In the deepest part of your heart you're crying for widgets.
12. Sauce (unregistered)
Scroll down moron
7. Slammer (Posts: 926; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
Actually, I have many friends and colleagues that wish they could have widgets on their iphones.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7288; Member since: 14 May 2012)
iOS's first "widget" is the clock widget on iOS 7. Just saying.
23. andynaija (Posts: 423; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Yeah because you wish you could experience them ;P
6. techguyone (Posts: 93; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Bet you hated notification bar too... oh wait.
8. pixel8or (Posts: 36; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
The problem with all of the weather widgets I've loaded in the past is that they never automatically update, which defeats the purpose of widgets. If anyone knows of one that DOES automatically update, please let me know. (and no, I don't mean update when you click on the widget to go into the app... ) :)
20. brd8951 (Posts: 23; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
See my comments below.....try Beautiful Widgets. :)
24. Chris.P (Posts: 246; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Um, pretty much every and each one of them does? You can even set the update interval. It can usually be no less than 15 minutes (which makes sense).
25. pixel8or (Posts: 36; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
Yeah, I've set the once that I care about to the shortest possible, and they still show info that is old. An example is every weather widget I've ever tried shows the temperature from the morning, even though it's 3PM. When I touch the widget to go into the app, only then does it update. The only on that seems to be somewhat updated is the DROID Command Center widget on my Moto Mini. it seems to update at least a little more frequently.
26. rdaex (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Same here, I have beautiful widgets set to update whenever I unlock the device, and... let me check it.....right now it says 8am.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7288; Member since: 14 May 2012)
1Weather and Yahoo! weather are the best aside from the widgets from Samsung and HTC.
18. Augustine (Posts: 605; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Being a battery hog and not delivering NWS alerts are major failures in the Y! app. Not to mention that its lock-screen widget displays the time in tiny numbers. IOW, a bunch of issues in an otherwise nice weather app.
11. Sauce (unregistered)
13. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2173; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Oh thank you! I really love to hear you say that! :)
14. Sauce (unregistered)
Any day, cutie ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
16. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
Right now I'm using Chronus.It's a nice, clean looking widget.
17. tiara6918 (Posts: 1322; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Does anybody know a similar animated weather lockscreen found on sense 3 and 4? Htc should have never removed it
19. brd8951 (Posts: 23; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Beautiful Widgets is my favorite and I've tried many of them over the years. I like the fact that you can assign different shortcuts to portions on the widget (I use the 4x2 size) on my Note2. The stock Sammy widget is bland, but I like the fact that you can scroll thru your cities right on the screen, just make sure you realize the local time is also changed on it. I also like BW because of the different themes they have (for the clock) and you can adjust the transparency of the widget so it doesn't block your wallpaper. Plus you can set the update frequency from 15 minutes to 23hr 45min. Be sure to check it out.
21. Augustine (Posts: 605; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Looks good, but I'm always wary of apps that request access to accounts on the device for apparently no good reason. In my experience they do so to harvest contact information to sell.
27. CosminR (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Mar 2014)
I like Weather Animated Widgets it has animations in widgets and a clean design