The $100 quad-core phones are here: Daxian XY100S, Goophone X1
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2013, 06:33 posted on
The $100 quad-core phone is real and you can buy it right now. That’s how far Chinese gadgets have gone with the latest deal on the quad-core MT6589-based Daxian XY100S…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkskoliro (Posts: 1061; Member since: 07 May 2012)
How do they even make a profit!?
Very good supply chain management those chinese people
Great for those wanting a powerful smartphone at a very affordable price!
2. Victor.H (Posts: 563; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Good question. Those $100 phones are really probably making close to zero in profits.
3. darkskoliro (Posts: 1061; Member since: 07 May 2012)
At the same time there was RnD invested into it, but we can count out marketing...and still $100 mate I think id pick up a thing or two working in one of those businesses for a few months
4. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
By underpaying those who work over time.
5. ghaniosman (Posts: 69; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
R u talking about apple underpaying their employees even after outsourcing them.
9. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
It's not just Apple; it;s an issue with Foxconn and Foxconn makes a lot of products, not just for Apple.
18. JESAN (Posts: 6; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
apple and samsung are both brutal from what ive heard ex employees say
11. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1853; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Great phone for kids :D you drop it? oh i'll get you another one haha
7. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Would you be willing to experiment buying a phone from a white-box Chinese manufacturer?
hmmm.....let me think
14. JESAN (Posts: 6; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
i went through a few rubbish Chinese phones before i eventually got a decent one. i lost some money, but in the long run, i ended up saving. i will tell you this, i will never go back to south korean, european, or american phones ever again.
8. JDMC..SmartphoneFan (Posts: 8; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
the iPhone 5s clone it isn't like the original... it looks like an iPhone 4s
10. raghulz (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
was wondering will DAXIAN XY100S support 3G in INDIA ? its bands are "900/ 1800 MHz, 2010-2025 MHz / 1880-1900 MHz" and ours run at 2100 right ?
12. diegogf (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Friends, i received my daxian xy100s two days back, google play does not work, i made the root but is impossible, facebook app open and close and the most important the camera is NOT 8 megapixel, only 5 mega in 4:3 and 4 in full screen and the led is weak.
Is sad because the other parts are very good.
i hope to be help your decision.
19. JESAN (Posts: 6; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
assuming that you really bought a daxian at all, why would you want to use google play? it's better to download the apk directly. i dont trust google.
13. kikenovic (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
I got me a Feiteng H9500 (S4 clone). Overall the phone quality is fine for what I paid. With the proper custom rom it even identifies itself as the real deal GT-I9500. The dual SIM functionality is great. I don't have to carry two phones anymore.
The only thing I don't like is the speaker is too quiet. Even my old Blackberry sounds louder.
Would I get a chinese knockoff again? Maybe.
16. JESAN (Posts: 6; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
if you dont buy a knock off, then buy a meizu. it's supposed to be the high end Chinese phones. there are also high end zte, and huaweis.