That's incredible! HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE for Verizon announced at CTIA
0. phoneArena 07 May 2012, 08:48 posted on
The HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE has been rumored and leaked for a long time now, but today is finally the day for those users who have been expecting this handset to be launched officially...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Better device than we thought. Its pretty good.
5. greathero1 (Posts: 505; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
I agree. This is a very sexy device. Lets just hope that they don't come in at $299.
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
not worth 299 great device though but at the price point might as well wait till the gs3 and the thunder bolt 3 aka htc x one for verizon comes. (and those might be 399 the way verizon is pricing stuff)
3. Crossblade (Posts: 190; Member since: 21 Apr 2005)
I think it won't be $299! I guess it will be sub $100, as the LG Lucid ($80) http://www.phonearena.com/revi
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
not THAT cheap. it won't be Verizon's most compelling offering but it will be their most powerful for a bit. i'd say $200.
4. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I heard its $149-199. Not a bad phone. Same processor but clocked down.
34. Pudds (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 May 2012)
From what I have seen this phone is going to come with a mail-in rebate and seeing as the maximum price Verizon usually throws on phones that have a MIR is $199 I believe you will be correct sir. My guess is $149.99 after rebate.
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4698; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Already looks more incredible than anything Motorola offers on Verizon currently, but I still don't think it'll compare to what the next iPhone may offer or HTC's newest lineup. It is still a decent phone to get though since it does look a lot better than most of Verizon's Android offerings. It doesn't say much overall, but it's what I think.
7. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
At first I was skeptical about the screen size, I watch a lot of videos on my current smartphone, but then the idea of a 4" display and qHD resolution really sold me. It also encourages me even more to get an Android tablet.
Also, bigger battery and underclocked CPU means better battery life compared to the HTC One S.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the most compelling thing about this phone is it'll just ooze power being that it's powered by a 4th generation Snapdragon and only has to push qHD resolution, because of that it'll be nearly as powerful as the One S and even more powerful than the One X & EVO 4G LTE, not in terms of raw power of course but the One X and the new EVO are at a disadvantage having to push 720p to their displays.
10. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
After playing with my girls One X, I REALLY want a 720p screen, it was beautiful. I'm not switching to AT&T though, so hopefully Verizon gets the S III, or a variation of it.
But if my dumb phone can't hold out for any longer and his phone comes out before the S III, I'll probaly get this phone. It seems like a smaller version of the HTC Rezound though =\. If they made this phone bigger with a 720p screen I would definatly but it though, looks sleek and nice.
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
there's phones on Verizon with 720p displays. the Galaxy Nexus, the Rezound and the Spectrum all have it.
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
not the Nexus. OMAP4460 in that bad boy. :P
32. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Note to self: always think of what your going to say before you say it
11. skymitch89 (Posts: 1145; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I'd still like to know why they didn't call the HTC Rezound the "Incredible 3/4G/HD" and called this the Rezound. The main differences between this devices and the Rezound is that the Rezound has a 4.3in 720p display and runs Android 2.3 and this device has a 4in qHD display and runs ICS. I personally would still go get the Rezound over this device. The Incredible line is not soo "incredible" anymore and HTC will have to really step up the game to continue the line.
12. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Different processor. I think the Rezound has the S3. Slight difference in camera .
13. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
not really any better than the DROID RAZR
16. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4698; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I'd say it is since the Razr is a Motorola phone.
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4125; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Don't hate on Moto, they make nice products. When the Droid Fighter comes out, I don't think you'll be right to talk bad against them.
22. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4698; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Nice products that they refuse to update despite not being that old?
29. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4125; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Aren't they rolling out ICS updates to the Razr's? And didn't they just give bug fix updates to the Droid 3 and X2? And update the CLIQ 2 to Gingerbread? Those sound like reasonable updates to me. The CLIQ 2 is over a year old now, isn't it? They seem to be doing pretty good with updates lately.
17. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4125; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It kind of is. Higher pixel density, better processor, etc. To each his own though
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it mostly has trade offs but overall the processor advantage gives it a very slight lead and that's only if you want to pick this up to flash custom roms on.
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's more powerful but i wouldn't take this over any kind of Droid Razr. my sister will be getting this to replace her Droid Incredible 2 though.
14. shnibz (Posts: 162; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Seems like a very nice phone as long as you can get it for no more than $150
15. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
apart from the back looks like a nice phone and great for people who want a high end phone but not a massive screen.
19. stargazer424 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Price depending, this WILL be my next phone! Been looking for an upgrade to my HTC Inc 1, but not willing to go to a 4.65" or 4.8" screen (Galaxy Nexus/Galaxy S III). This has the perfect size!
33. USMCSPIKE (Posts: 8; Member since: 01 May 2012)
going to be a great alternitive for a smaller screen like the lucid but not a peice of crap like the lucid
35. ktk27 (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
So when does this get launched? It was supposed to be May 10th and here we are - well beyond the 10th and not a peep out of Verizon. Are they waiting to get the Galaxy S III? Big yawn there. I like this phone, but not at $299.