That's Incredible! Verizon to get U.S. version of HTC Desire HD
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Oct 2010, 15:04
The introduction of two models overseas, the HTC Desire Z and the Desire HD, sure made many Stateside phone fans green with envy; but now we know that the former is coming to Verizon as the HTC Merge and speculation is that the latter will be available from Big Red as the HTC Incredible HD...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Joshing4fun posted on 26 Oct 2010, 16:08 2 0
Phonearena this better not be some sick joke... I'm in love!
2. Galen20K posted on 26 Oct 2010, 16:17 0 0
sounds good! I Eargarly await the release of the MyTOuch 4G/HD and the Incredible HD, both have practically the exact same innards and are both very powerful phones.
3. MattyMillz (unregistered) posted on 26 Oct 2010, 15:20 0 0
This is what has become of the HTC Scorpion I reckon, looks good but it was supposed to come with the 1.5ghz snapdragon
4. cemysh (unregistered) posted on 26 Oct 2010, 15:44 0 0
They better pur a bigger battery life and more battery efficient screen!! If not whats the point....
5. MikeG77 posted on 26 Oct 2010, 18:49 3 0
Hopefully Verizon doesn't cripple this phone with Bing like they did with the Fascinate!
10. ecml490 (unregistered) posted on 27 Oct 2010, 00:18 0 0
They will sadly lol
6. Cee (unregistered) posted on 26 Oct 2010, 18:01 0 0
This is no the Incredible HD for Verizon. Reason why that is not branded Verizon. This is probably the NExus Two. Remember how people thought that the Nexus One was a Verizon device. Think about it.
7. tdubb (unregistered) posted on 26 Oct 2010, 19:55 0 0
the branding is on the front of the phone. Think about it. There are pictures of the front of this device.
9. anubis (unregistered) posted on 26 Oct 2010, 22:13 0 0
According to something I read, all phones in the droid line will still carry google, other smart phones that are middle to low end will have bing
17. Joshing4fun posted on 28 Oct 2010, 22:14 0 0
There's no way that this is a mid to low end phone tho. It's equal, if not better, than the Droid x.
11. vzw.kid.hi (unregistered) posted on 27 Oct 2010, 01:13 0 0
i hope this is legit. if so im eligible to upgrade when this phone is released -- perfect timing!
12. Darrbeck (unregistered) posted on 27 Oct 2010, 15:57 0 0
Where is my keyboard???
13. Nadege (unregistered) posted on 27 Oct 2010, 16:17 0 0
I HOPE THIS HAS HDMI INTEGRATED....
14. mike (unregistered) posted on 27 Oct 2010, 20:00 0 0
i am keeping my fingers crossed, i would love to have a htc phone with 4.3 in screen over my droid x any day. motorola failed at custom widgets horribly.
15. gabe (unregistered) posted on 28 Oct 2010, 09:43 0 0
Why buy a phone that doesn't have LTE or a duel core processor?
Wait till January and get the new LG or the new Moto. or HTC. Wouldn't you feel stupid if you needed to upgrade in 6 month and have to shell out the $375 cancelation fee and pay another $500 for a new phone?
16. Nadege (unregistered) posted on 28 Oct 2010, 15:11 0 0
@ Gabe. That’s true for some but at the same time for most of us we won’t have 4G in our area until 2012/2013. Who wants to pay an extra $10 a month for a LTE phone with no LTE service? One of my friends is paying Sprint $10 extra a month because they have an EVO that’s 4G capable and 95% of the time they are running on 3G. Waste of money I think. And knowing Verizon they will charge more than $10 a month to have LTE that you will hardly use. I rather wait to get LTE when my next upgrade comes, actually be able to use LTE in my area effectively, and have a phone that isn't first generation LTE with bugs.
18. angel35 (unregistered) posted on 10 Nov 2010, 11:58 0 0
i love the droid incredible hd. Ill get as soon as it comes out.!!!!!!!!!!!
19. thom1223 posted on 10 Nov 2010, 12:08 0 0
Ok, I have an HTC EVO, I got it the day it came out. I love this phone. Best phone I've ever owned. The battery could last longer out of the box but with some good (FREE)apps out there you can improve the battery life. From everything I have read, this is going to be the same phone just in a different case. Nadege, I concur with you on why pay for 4G service if you don't have the service. I life in an are that wont see the service for awhile. The only plus for me is that I travel the USA and in the cities that do have 4G this phone is awesome, there really is a big difference. I really hope that Verizon comes through with this in the rumored timeframe....
20. hugh J (unregistered) posted on 24 Nov 2010, 16:27 0 0
What happened to the Droid X? I seems like it got rave reviews and then disappeared.
21. Bridge2010 (unregistered) posted on 24 Nov 2010, 17:06 0 0
I am looking for a phone that can run Silverlight software. A saleman at Radioshack told me that the Droid can, but Verizon people disagree. I was told that the Windows phone can (because Silverlight requires a Windows operation system). But I was informed my someone else that Silverlight could not be downloaded to the new Windows phone. Let me know. thanks.