That was quick: it took Sony just a day to give Xperia Tablet Z an Android 4.3 AOSP ROM
1. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
Looks like Sony are finally getting priorities right, less phones and faster updates.
2. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
HTC, watch. This is how you handle updates.
8. FiddyPence (Posts: 21; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
The HTC one has been updated to 4.2.2 with Sense 5.
The Xperia Z is still on 4.1.2 even though it launched 2 months earlier.
I think HTC have their priorities straight polished Sense 5 > Buggy ASOP.
9. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
lul wut? Sorry to disappoint you but Xperia Z got 4.2.2 weeks before HTC One did, HTC One was the last in the flagship-ship to get 4.2.2 update
10. FiddyPence (Posts: 21; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
My bad its the ZR and Tablet Z getting 4.2.
My point still stands polished sense is greater the buggy ASOP or whatever Sony call their 2013 skin.
13. Finalflash (Posts: 2547; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Dude, AOSP stands for android open source project. It is the pure google setup seen on their nexus devices. In no way is it less than sense or buggy. They might have a few driver issues on such an early release of 4.3 AOSP from Sony, but its better than a dodged announcement by HTC.
14. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
They used to called it Timescape UI, now I'm not sure.
Their 2013 is not buggy at all. I'm using it right now, Z Ultra skin. It's much smoother than the original Z skin
12. GTR722 (Posts: 261; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
The hell dude...even here in LA XZ is already in 4.2
3. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
HTC this is how u do updates. Learn from Sony.
5. indianapple89 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Does this point to a Google Edition Xperia Z Tablet coming soon with 4.3?
6. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
They need to flash the GAPPS package... and it looks good...
16. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Skrillex? Is it his birthday or something?
15. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3690; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
So far so good. Time to get in the battle.