That was quick: Samsung already updating all Galaxy Note II units with the multi-window mode
0. phoneArena 05 Oct 2012, 05:55 posted on
Users are reporting that they have installed the newest XXALIJ1 Galaxy Note II software from Samsung, and it has brought on that multitasking regime that allows you to run to apps at once independent of each other, and resize their windows up and down as you see fit. The other things it brings are a new baseband, and Google Chrome...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1174; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
The GALAXY Note II - a dream come true :)
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4703; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Samsung MEANS business. They want to dominate & this is clear proof that they will go & fix any issues so they can give the public the VERY best in the world.
Wow this Galaxy Note II is looking VERY, VERY good.
18. Apartments (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
yes it is can't wait to put my hands on it!!
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
IMO, the split display UI is going the drive GN II sales into the 20 million territory - it is the perfect compelling value proposition for the GN II. I will be ordering the GN II the minute it goes up on VZW for pre-order.
21. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1174; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Totally agree with you there. The first NOTE was more of a niche device but man its grown in popularity artists, businessmen and even women! I know they have small hands but they keep the gargantuan phone in those small purses!
I mean the Note 2 has come a long way and the multiwindow feature makes it look more like a desktop pc!
20. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
This is one of the best features of any smartphone!! I cant wait to see it in person with the AT&T variant
23. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
And here Samsung proves its marketing intelligence again! Wow they have succeeded to make them look so positive (ofc they are)
13. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
That'd be great. But GS3 will probably have RAM issues specially if the two running apps are HD ones (unless you have one of those 2GB RAM GS3s from korea).
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
All GS IIIs sold by U.S. carriers come with 2 Gb RAM.
25. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Oh yeah, sorry I was referring to the international variant. Well that's something to look forward to, can the dual-core kraits with 2GB RAM handle those two apps at the same time?
8. doejon (Posts: 391; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
thats one of many reason why samsung is better than lg :-)
if it was lg ohh boyyy next year update...
9. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
exactly. i dont mean to hate on any company but Sammy really nails it. thats the reason no one is even close to `em. they are best in the business.
P.S. - waiting for Gnex II
10. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Chrome is not something I use, I prefer Opera.
11. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Told you haters!
12. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4703; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I can verify that you DID say that. lol
14. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
was gonna buy lumia 920, but seeing that multi windows that shows true multitasking, there's no other smartphones i want other than this note2 at this moment...
17. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
you wont regret it and Dev support is epic for sammy phones.
19. ghost7787 (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
This phone looks like a real winner. Samsung is stepping it up!
22. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Android Powered PC is a moment away. 10" tablet SHOULD HAVE THIS FEATURE!
24. TMobileRep_52_SwaaaG (Posts: 40; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
No joke, Samsung REALLY needs to Patent this. We have all seen the outcome when 1 company develops a game-changing idea, doesnt patent it, another company steals it and throws on their own patent... no names (Apple)