That was quick: Nexus 4 sells out in U.K. Play Store in 30 minutes
0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2012, 04:19 posted on
The Nexus 4 is clearly the best value money can buy by a long shot. And now Google sold out of its initial Nexus 4 devices in 30 minutes after it launched on the Play Store…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mydi.maus (unregistered)
that means no more nexus 4 for u.s ,,,hahaha
11. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1202; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
no its just the stock for UK...and whats to laugh about (besides you) ahahahahaha :)
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
If you think it can't sell well because of LG, you are wrong!!!
18. MeoCao (unregistered)
This is genius move by Google.
Google Play lags behind competition b-c people are too lazy to open an account with Play Store (with credit card info of course).
And now people flock in, they each have to open an account, give all the info only for a "CHANCE" to buy the greatest thing.
2. Retro-touch (Posts: 268; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
could be a marketing strategy, overload from idiots lurking (refreshing continually) waiting to buy as soon as its available or Google just underestimated demand, either way best to wait a bit. Heard people saying the add to cart button reappears from time to time
12. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1202; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
And people were skeptical as LG was making the hardware...Its a Nexus for cryin out loud...Its gonna sell baby no matter what!
24. MeoCao (unregistered)
LG phones always have good specs, but the design and software are not the best to put it mildly.
Hopefully after Nexus 4 LG has learned new skills in phone design and will make better phones next year.
44. JunitoNH (Posts: 1365; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Yeah they took a page from Apple, they probably only had one hundred devices in stock.
3. MeoCao (unregistered)
At this price no need for any "strategy" mate
any fool knows this thing is sweet.
27. blingblingthing (Posts: 507; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Exactly. At this price, android and those specs. Why should you not buy this device? Same as the nexus 7.
4. shuaibhere (Posts: 1962; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Nexus series is becoming as popular as galaxy series!!!!!!
8. dickwyn (Posts: 603; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i think they sold out so fast because the intital supply should be not that much
14. carlosechev07 (Posts: 39; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
They sold faster than Nokia Lumia 920... LOL... hahahaha...
16. shuaibhere (Posts: 1962; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
What ever it is.....nexus is considered as hot brand now....
34. MeoCao (unregistered)
The size of the first batch is not that important, the reaction of people is.
Play Store was overwhelmed by traffic,
6. jstahl (Posts: 79; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Junk phone. This phone is dead on arrival vs iPhone . iPhone 5 trumps all phones specs wise, not to mention it's running on much more refined iOS.
50. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
The mind control chip is working it seems.
9. angelesmec (unregistered)
Much refined iOS meaning better than older iOS versions but still not as good as Android can offer. Also iOS is so restricted.
23. jstahl (Posts: 79; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Why? Just because I'm well informed and speak the truth? Forget the software, iPhone 5 hardware trumps all phones out there in the market.
29. blingblingthing (Posts: 507; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Really, please explain the results of the HTML 5 test between the iPhone 5 and galaxy s3?
30. BadAssAbe (Posts: 442; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Not even apple fanboys want to be seen with you much less agree with you LOL
NO Thumbs up for you LMFAO
25. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
"iPhone 5 hardware trumps all phones out there in the market"
iPhone 5 has dual core, Nexus 4 has quad core
Both has the same megapixel on camera
Nexus 4 has larger resolution & bigger battery
the idea of A6 is more likely to copy S4 custom architecture
"not to mention it's running on much more refined iOS"
i wouldn't call an OS that looks the same since 2007 refined. WP is exciting for its uniqueness, android has a lot of changes in a short period of time. that's what people call refined. iOS is no slouch but it's just getting boring
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 17085; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I wouldn't say trumps, but the iPhone 5 is a beast like the N4, gs3, and one x better than those phones tho? I'd say not, and yes I have an ip5.
47. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
watch the market share of ifoooooon fall :)
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5392; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Oh look, the fail device is not selling
33. Aeires (unregistered)
Apparently 6 people don't understand sarcastic humor. +1 for you.
37. galokjai (Posts: 36; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
people who buy Apple products are serious and have no humor...LMAO
19. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
World need more billions of nexus phone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
20. Ramalth (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
It could be that with the difference between the Google Play and the street price, there are many resellers who are looking to make a quick buck, buying low and selling high, but not as high as retail...
21. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Pretty soon I can see people giving up there current phone to get this phone and big portion of the world will all be nexus owners!!..........(including me)
22. mydi.maus (unregistered)
boo hooo,..no more nexus!!
26. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
selling services & not phones = true innovative company
not that i want to bash apple, but it is true that they are selling gadgets at extremely high price without contact. john ive or tim cook can say that they want to give premium product but look at their profit margin. selling a $250 built device for around $600 is pretty crazy
48. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
That's 21st century version of "EXTORTION" ...
31. denn90 (Posts: 14; Member since: 03 May 2011)
The Nexus 4 Will be release at 9am Pacific time 12 Pm Eastern time. Google Rep Just Confirm that
32. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
I love how when a article about anything other then android products selling out the android fan boys claiming something isn't right etc but when its an android product there is no questioning just accept it. I'm not saying this isn't true but its sad you android fans need to talk crap about anything you feel threatens your choice
Over the past couple weeks the android fan boys have been just like the apple ones, on all the wp8 you see it. So phone arena is biased towards apple, the comment section is full of android fans and anything differ an gets slated fast
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 17085; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
WOWWWWWW I NOW STAND CORRECTED!!! Am I reading this right? I stand corrected bro, I really do.
38. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Corrected on what, I've never been a fanboy just you got it into your head I was a secret android user
I'm bored of all the fan boy crap, from all sides.
Recently android users have been acting exactly lie the apple trolls they complain about. They have gotten on there high horse about there choice of os
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 17085; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'll never accuse u again, I can admit when I'm wrong... I was wrong.
40. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Doesn't matter about been wrong
But what does matter is how this site is going like every other tech site, where if you don't choose a side your seen as the enemy for some sad reason.
Just look on the wp8 articles all the android fanboys spreading hate for anything new
42. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I really like windows phone . Hell I'm using an HD7 with 7.5 on it right now until my nexus arrives. My SGS1 finally took a dirt nap after 2.5 years of extreme abuse.
I just like to tinker too much to stay with WP. That and its missing some apps that I need since im so tied into google services.
45. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
That's fair and down to your personal preferance, least your not slating every windows product and holding android up as this almighty is
Thats all I can't stand, especially when the same users attack apple for doing nothing new but then wp8 comes out its new and guess what they still slate it
46. darkkjedii (Posts: 17085; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's true, after a while its like what's the point ya know.