Text messaging banned in Central African Republic
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2014, 18:11 posted on
The land-locked nation of Central African Republic has had a rough go of things since it gained...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. fzacek (Posts: 1627; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Can't they just use Twitter or some other social network to organize the work strikes instead?...
5. Augustine (Posts: 709; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Hangouts, WhatsApp? They should work in the local 2G network.
10. TylerGrunter (Posts: 905; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Have you ever thought that many people there may not have data plans or smartphones? Not even 2G?
Because that's probably why the use SMS instead.
4. Augustine (Posts: 709; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
If only the Central African Republic would follow the example of the Republic of California and mandate phone to have a kill switch it wouldn't have to disable SMS. America leading the way with innovative solutions yet again!
6. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 854; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
This will just make people angrier as another sign of the government oppressing its people.
7. corporateJP (Posts: 1555; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Government armed troops...check.