Texas Instruments confirms it is moving away from phones, will slash 1,700 jobs
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Nov 2012, 02:41
Texas Instruments, or TI, has finally officially confirmed that it is moving focus away from its OMAP mobile chips business and will instead focus on embedded markets…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. Captain_Doug posted on 15 Nov 2012, 03:22 0 0
They announced all this awhile back and said they would still make the omap 5 line.
2. cepcamba posted on 15 Nov 2012, 03:02 1 0
Sad sad sad. I was hoping to see an A15 OMAP chip.
6. Captain_Doug posted on 15 Nov 2012, 03:25 0 0
8. TylerGrunter posted on 15 Nov 2012, 07:13 1 0
You'll see them, it's just that they will be their last mobile SoCs. Saddly enough.
3. jove39 posted on 15 Nov 2012, 03:05 0 0
Sad...they were only one (that I know of) who use ImageTec's gpu on soc outside apple as of now...sammy moves to Mali and qualcomm has adreno...I liked demo of their Omap5 running 545MP2!!!
7. Lawliet posted on 15 Nov 2012, 03:38 1 0
The next NovaThors will use PowerVRSGX ass well, IIRC
9. JunitoNH posted on 15 Nov 2012, 09:35 0 2
Oh....Sammy this is great news, more for you to built. Now lets get Intel and Apple out of the picture forever, and then the Universe, cry of Korean lovers (Samsung); frankly, we hate Apple, and you Sammy dear, are creating some many jobs in the US. I rather be unemployed, as long as I have your quad core next to me keeping me warm.
11. MC1123 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 00:45 0 0
lol... no! not every one love samsung!!! i like kpop but dont like samsung or lg!
10. oldmandaddy posted on 15 Nov 2012, 10:23 0 0
In 90s, there were king and queen, Nokia and TI. Now sad sad, to see them go.
12. MC1123 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 00:47 0 0
im wishing someone will get TI engineers! and the OMAP line too!! either amazon or apple! atleast they save the OMAP brains!