Television directors seem to like iOS running on Nokia Lumia hardware
0. phoneArena 22 Jul 2013, 01:47 posted on
What is it about the combination of iOS running on a Nokia Lumia phone that makes television directors go gaga.? In a PSA made by the government for television, to promote tornado warnings available on smartphones from FEMA, a Nokia Lumia 920 is the phone used; except that instead of running Windows Phone 8, the handset is running iOS...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
iphone(iOS) thriving because of apps.
It has good hardware but its the same for the last three generations.
Nokia hardware is great. Its beautiful, colorful and durable. WP OS is gorgeous as well. But the problem is its behind in the apps department. Hopefully with more Lumia sales each quarter developers will make more Windows phone apps.
22. mobi_user (Posts: 148; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
I will differ with you over here. It is not only the apps. For last many years Apple is have the same interface because it is one of the best.
Windows looks only good. But the basic usability is horrible in windows and miles away from Apple or Android. After using windows for last 1.5 years, I feel it even lack the usability in comparison to Symbian 3.
Windows without Nokia cameras would have died like WebOS by now.
23. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
You are joking right? Are you by any chance talking about Windows Mobile 6.5?
Windows looks great and even has great functionality. Majority of the popular apps have already started to migrate to WinPho and the overall runs excellent lag free. I use it for my work in a corporate environment with no issue via the Office, Outlook, Skydrive and Evernote apps. So what are you talking about?
26. mobi_user (Posts: 148; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
No I am talking about Lumia 710. If you remember WM6.5 is long dead. Take a very simple example, you are in a call and you need to look into some other contact information. You just cannot do it. It will change it to call screen. It has good offline map, but the map information does not get updated. Even the text editing is one of the worst of it kind. And the big corporate environment you talk about tell me which phone does not support it. Any phone which call itself smart supports these basic features.
3. MoonFallsDown (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Dec 2010)
Who cares? You can skin any Android device to look like iOS (although I'm insure why you'd want to), maybe you can with WP too? And post-production can make anything look like anything on TV these days. There's no guarantee this is Nokia device that is ACTUALLY running iOS.
4. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
I can't believe I actually read this :/
5. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Interesting....slap in the face of windows os!
6. blackeye117 (Posts: 13; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
Kick On The Ass Of APPLE HARDWARE AND DESIGN
17. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1966; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Why? The Lumias use Apple design language, a la iPod Nano.
7. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
or more probably a slap on apple hardware....
8. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
android trolls and fanboys want android sh*t on Nokia hardware, others want ios on Nokia hardware. Can't blame them...
18. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Lest we forget, slap in the face to Apple iPhone since it's, apparently, not good for it's own OEM OS. *SMH*
9. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
What happen to windows os if...nokia will use ios?
I've imagine those windows phone users getting angry.
10. mi55u (unregistered)
STUPID AMERICAN AS ALWAYS
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm glad Nokia choose ios instead of android lol /s
15. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
You are a very special person.....for a minute I thought you where going to be a rational person but hey you have gone back to fanboy mode....
16. MartianMe (unregistered)
I'm guessing this week you're ruling for apple next is for google ha...do me a favor and go play with your ibutt plug for now.
20. nlbates66 (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
the amount of stupid in this comment thread has melted my braaainss...
21. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1446; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Hollywood has already screwed up star trek because the captain kirk in today's movies got the Enterprise right after graduation from star fleet academy instead of at the age of 34 like in the original TV series and made other changes to star trek. I am not at all in shock at all about this
24. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
How did they do that? lol I want to see that hack. My one improvement/suggestion for the WinPho user interface exp. has been to allow custom wallpaper backgrounds in the back on the homescreen to give the 'floating' experience that iOS7 will provide.
25. Muzhhur (Posts: 258; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
this beautiful Lumia must feel a little bit ugly