Technology allows charging a phone's battery by shaking it
0. phoneArena 14 Nov 2012, 08:07 posted on
Wouldn't it be cool if one could recharge their phone's battery by shaking it for a few minutes? Yeah, that may sound a lot like an idea taken out of a sci-fi movie, but scientists are already developing the technology needed to make that possible. And no, it does not involve any use of black magic. Instead, the energy of vibrations and movement...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. msa1988 (Posts: 399; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Create a Shake-Weight phone slot and you're golden!
4. quakan (Posts: 1064; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Shake-Weight will definitely want in on this.
"From the makers that brought you Shake-Weight....We present to you (drumroll and fanfare) Shake Charge! Now you can charge your mobile phone while toning your arms....at the same time! It's so simple even your child can do it! Have you ever been out somewhere and thought to yourself that your arms are to fat and you have a low battery? No problem for Shake Charge! Better yet say you're at the gym working out listening to your favorite music and you're worried that your phone will die. With Shake Charge, just pump those arms a little harder and you'll have a charged phone and better toned arms! Alright!!! So what are you waiting for!? Call now! 1-800-SHAKE-ME.
Disclaimer: Shake-Weight is not responsible to any damage caused to your mobile phone. Please check with your manufacturer to ensure that enabling this feature will not void your warranty.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
And people go, "I'll call you in a minute, my battery's dead...got to shake it!!"
Or rather, "Here son, shake my phone for 5 minutes, the battery's dead, and i'll let you play Angry Birds"!! :D
14. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I hope they improve this technology to male it possible to shake ur phone 4 1-2 mins to make it 100% charged
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Wow, in 1-2 minutes? That's far fetched...but by the time they reduce it to few minutes, there'll be better ways to charge phones. Or you won't need to charge at all...
2. dickwyn (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 May 2012)
isn't there like an app for it in the Play Store
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Applications won't be a help on this one...it needs to be from the hardware. If it were available on an application...it will be a total gimmick!!
3. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
I thought that was how you charge the phone anyways? Always worked when I shaked it?
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1207; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Saw some Renault calculator charge the same way on a old topgear Christmas show
8. stole38 (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
To shake my phone for a few minutes so i can make a call ?
That's it ? Everyone will think that im masturbating for a few minutes but ok np !
10. bbblader (Posts: 520; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
step one - stick phone to fapping hand
step two - fap all you want
step three - ?????
step four - profit!!!
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Another inefficient induction charging on mobile phone...?
12. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Will they call it the Martini charger??? lol...
13. jibraihimi (Posts: 527; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
So I should not be amused if, I see my collegues in office shaking at the end of the day...........