Teardown time for the Google Nexus 10 and its outrageous display
the LTE chip found on the Google Nexus 4 when that handset was torn down, there are no surprises inside the Google Nexus 10.
The 16GB model is priced at $399 while the 32GB version carries a $499 price tag. Hopefully, the Google Play Store will soon be restocked with inventory of the Google Nexus 10. With that luscious screen and the enticing price, it is going to be hard to keep this tablet in stock.
source: PowerBookMedic via Engadget
1. nwright94 (unregistered)
Can't wait to see on of these beauties and compare the screen to my iPads.
2. wp8forever (unregistered)
The surface pro is laughing at this kids tables ,full windows on a tablet whatttt yes surface does lol.
3. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Because surface pro is a fat touch PC and we want to live in the post PC world. I luv nexus 10 and ipad 4.
4. ghostnexus (Posts: 96; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Don't forget the price difference in the pro version
6. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Exactly! It's so freakin expensive! iPad 4 and nexus 10- the best tablets of all time.
8. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
please stop , such a immature comment, best of all time really so if someone wants a tablet thats basically a pc the nexus or ipad are the right choice? ........no ofcourse not
like you trolls always say you pay more for quality. so why you suddenly now saying its too expensive
be real for once the pro offers more then any over tablet and the price shows this. the nexus and ipad do what there purpose was and do it well too
why slate off a competitor tablet? competition = innovation and evolution.
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 4759; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I am surprise there still m$ fanboy around after years of being abusing under m$ windows and xbox monopoly. Using their product such as windows PC and notebook and especially their xbox360 console live service including expensive accessories is a contant reminder the M$ would milk me for all my worth.
20. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
lmao you dont know what abuse is so just shutup mate
ms fanboy now, im gonna have a list of what idiots try to label me all from been a android love to ms fanboy lol
go get a reality check
31. oister85 (Posts: 442; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
You can expand the memory on the xperia and that's a winner
22. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Well im some what disappointed in the Nexus 10 though......the Processor is a dual core 1.7GHZ... if only Google made another version and that different version will have a 1.6 GHZ quad core processor.. that would meant another different story. Dual core version for the average users and quad core version for the geeky ones.
But still Nexus 10 is a great tablet just like the iPad 4.
30. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Clearly you have no idea how powerful that 1.7Ghz dual core CPU is. It's the worlds first ARM-15 chip and is about twice as fast as the S4 pro which is the fastest quad core chip.
33. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Thanks for the tip Kronic :) wouldn't it be nice if that ARM-15 chip is quad core too?
12. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
The only tablet a surface pro can laugh at is the Surface RT a confused product which has no future and destined be another Zune HD...
21. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
I agree with you.. After what BALLmer said gave me one more reason to stop buying microsoft products. instead of self-improvement they criticize on other products of google and apple when both of these companies have no problems.
5. Oxygen (Posts: 122; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I'd rather buy a new laptop for a full pc experience.
btw surface Pro isn't meant to compete with the ipad and the N10, RT is.. and it sucks!
7. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
It does suck. I recommend an ultra book instead or a MacBook Pro.
23. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
what about chromebooks? they seemed interesting :) But just do not get surface RT.
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Team Ubuntu is working on having the last laugh when it comes to OS on Tablet :)
9. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
this is the best alternative to iPad... really good looking device too! but still plastic looking! :(
10. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yeah its plastic but it doesn't look cheap so its not a problem.
just the design im not big on but everyone different
11. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
yeah i know! :)
thats why its really good! :) and good price!
15. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Is samsung's retina display pentile ?
How will apps look on it ?
16. t3st001 (Posts: 9; Member since: 28 May 2012)
ALL your comments is so stupid that I registered just to reply.
BTW the display is not even AMOLED.
Ignorant like you should just shut up.
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4239; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Dude, chill out. No need to be rude.
What about it not being AMOLED? It doesn't need to be AMOLED to use Pentile.
26. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Finnaly Samsung made the first tablet retina display . iPad 3 doesn't count because less than 300ppi .
That's what apple said right , 300ppi then it's retina but later say what on a tablet you don't need that much bulls**t .
But if its made by Samsung , 80% chance that's its pentile .
It doesn't need to be amoled to be pentile check out the Motorola atrix 1
28. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4239; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I think Apple's definition of Retina is a pixel density so high that the human eye can't detect individual pixels, and that was achieved with the iPad 3.
Yes, the initial thought of that was 300+ ppi, but that was only for smartphones. With tablets, that standard for Retina is lowered because as you look at a display, the further you get from it, it looks sharper than it actually is number-wise; and of course, you don't hold a tablet as close to your face as you do your phone.
So, even though the iPad 3 was technically below that preconceived standard, because of the further viewing distance it actually was Retina quality.
The Nexus 10 has already been proven to use RGB, so no worries there.
24. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
It is not pentile and not retina display... but the screen of the nexus 10 is high res- 1080 HD and have a high pixel density.
27. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
It's NOT 1080p
1080P = 1920 x 1080 this is way more than that .
I think I can call this retina display because 300ppi
29. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Is the use of "Outrageous" word correct in the title of this article?
Would same word have been used if it was Apple product? In general outrageous word is used in negative sense.