Teardown of the Sony Tablet S uncovers some clever industrial design and new chippery
1. dacastrator (unregistered)
Simly the best tablet out there right now.
2. shy2papa (Posts: 195; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
Naaa i dont think so, samsung galaxy tab 7.7 is better in every way
5. rf1975 (Posts: 232; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Samsung tab is best copy tablet.....
very well done sony. this is a good example of being innovative.
9. dacastrator (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Galaxy Tabs are very poorly designed. Has a very fragile feel and TouchWiz is very buggy.
11. shy2papa (Posts: 195; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
The new galaxy tab 7.7 and the only tablet spotting super amoled screen and aluminum chassis.
3. darth8ball (Posts: 519; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
While the wedge design is interesting, not sure about the best tablet out there. Gotta go play with one.
4. asianrage (unregistered)
Given Sony's manufacturing prowess, I'm extremely disappointed that the tablet design didn't end up being thinner or lighter than it is.
6. CW12 (unregistered)
I don't think thinness was never the focus of their design. If thinness was the focus I'm sure they can make it thinner. As for lightness, as long as it is lighter than the iPad2(which it is), is all good with me. Have you feel this in your hands yet? it feels even lighter in your hand due to the design. It's suppose to be a little heavier than the galaxy tab 10.1 but it feels lighter to me because of the way it is designed.
10. dacastrator (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
This device is lighter than it looks. It's not designed to be thin like the Galaxy Tabs, it's designed to have good feel on hand unlike the Galaxy Tabs that are rather feel very fragile.
8. taco5O. (banned) (Posts: 12; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Wow, i've got to get this tablet, i'm not even considering the ipad anymore !