Are you eying the HTC Rhyme
now that you’ve had some time to soak in its worth, or more importantly, its blinding beauty? Well, if you happen to fall head over heels for this stylish Android smartphone, then you might want to look at what Target’s offering
with the handset.
Right now, the retailing giant is offering a pretty good trade-in promotion that can shave $50
off the HTC Rhyme when you pick it up with a 2-year agreement. Essentially, thanks to Target’s Electronics Trade-in service, customers can receive an instant $50 trade-in credit on the HTC Rhyme when they trade-in ANY
working phone. So if you happen to have an old phone that’s collecting dust in the basement, and by old we mean really old, then you might as well make good use of it with Target’s promotion.
Naturally, it’ll chop the HTC Rhyme’s on-contract price down to a reasonable $149.99
, which includes the charging dock station, tangle-free headphones, and the nifty charm notification tool. Now you’ll need to think quickly about this deal, that’s because the trade-in promotion is only valid until October 15th
We just got some clarification in regards to the trade-in offer, and surprisingly enough, we're told that the offer is good for ANY working phone. So it doesn't matter if it's a 5 year old Nokia candy bar phone that's sporting a monochrome screen of some sort, they'll still accept it and shave $50 off the HTC Rhyme. Of course, it's only good as long as the phone is physically working. Pretty sweet don't you think?
HTC Rhyme™ Available on the Nation’s Most Reliable Network Beginning Tomorrow
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., –
Verizon Wireless today announced that the elegant HTC Rhyme™, exclusively from Verizon Wireless, will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, online atwww.verizonwireless.com
and in Target stores with Target Mobile centers beginning Sept. 29.
“The HTC Rhyme is the ideal device for customers making the move from a basic phone to smartphone,” said Jeff Dietel, vice president of marketing for Verizon Wireless. “We believe the HTC Rhyme, and all the accessories included in box, provide a great value and unique experience for our customers.”
The stylish HTC Rhyme stands out with its plum color and new HTC Sense user experience with customizable screens and widgets. Customers will find a suite of accessories included with the HTC Rhyme such as the tangle free headphones for hassle free music listening, and the docking station to transform the phone into an alarm clock or media center while charging. Never miss a call with the innovative HTC Rhyme Charm, also included in box, to alert customers of incoming calls or messages while the HTC Rhyme is deep in a bag or briefcase.
“Target is excited to partner with Verizon Wireless as the exclusive national retailer for the new HTC Rhyme,” said Nik Nayar, vice president of Merchandise, Target. “Available at Target Mobile centers
, our guests will be able to browse conveniently and tap into the expert support from Target Mobile team members as they explore this unique new smartphone.”
- Android™ 2.3, Gingerbread
- 3.7-inch super LCD display
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with flash
- Instant shutter for capturing memorable moments when they happen
- Action burst scene that automatically takes five consecutive shots of a scene
- Panoramic mode to stitch several photos for those larger-than-life views
- Front-facing camera for still shots and video chatting
- HTC Watch featuring a wide selection of movies and TV shows that can be downloaded for instant viewing
- 1 GHz Snapdragon® processor
- Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™, as well as access to more than 250,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
- 3G mobile hotspot capable supporting up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
Pricing and availability:
- The HTC Rhyme will be available on Sept. 29 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, online at www.verizonwireless.com and inTarget Mobile centers for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Customers that purchase the HTC Rhyme will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
- Through Target’s Electronics Trade-in service, guests will receive an instant $50 trade-in credit for any working phone to use towards the purchase of HTC’s Rhyme (offer valid through October 15, 2011).
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com
. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,762 stores across the United States and at Target.com. The Company will open its first stores in Canada in 2013. In addition, the company operates a credit card segment that offers branded proprietary credit card products. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $3 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood