Target will shave $50 off the HTC Rhyme with the trade-in for any working phone
Right now, the retailing giant is offering a pretty good trade-in promotion that can shave $50 off the HTC Rhyme when you pick it up with a 2-year agreement. Essentially, thanks to Target’s Electronics Trade-in service, customers can receive an instant $50 trade-in credit on the HTC Rhyme when they trade-in ANY working phone. So if you happen to have an old phone that’s collecting dust in the basement, and by old we mean really old, then you might as well make good use of it with Target’s promotion.
Naturally, it’ll chop the HTC Rhyme’s on-contract price down to a reasonable $149.99, which includes the charging dock station, tangle-free headphones, and the nifty charm notification tool. Now you’ll need to think quickly about this deal, that’s because the trade-in promotion is only valid until October 15th.
We just got some clarification in regards to the trade-in offer, and surprisingly enough, we're told that the offer is good for ANY working phone. So it doesn't matter if it's a 5 year old Nokia candy bar phone that's sporting a monochrome screen of some sort, they'll still accept it and shave $50 off the HTC Rhyme. Of course, it's only good as long as the phone is physically working. Pretty sweet don't you think?
HTC Rhyme™ Available on the Nation’s Most Reliable Network Beginning Tomorrow
- Android™ 2.3, Gingerbread
- 3.7-inch super LCD display
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with flash
- Instant shutter for capturing memorable moments when they happen
- Action burst scene that automatically takes five consecutive shots of a scene
- Panoramic mode to stitch several photos for those larger-than-life views
- Front-facing camera for still shots and video chatting
- HTC Watch featuring a wide selection of movies and TV shows that can be downloaded for instant viewing
- 1 GHz Snapdragon® processor
- Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™, as well as access to more than 250,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
- 3G mobile hotspot capable supporting up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- The HTC Rhyme will be available on Sept. 29 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, online at www.verizonwireless.com and inTarget Mobile centers for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Customers that purchase the HTC Rhyme will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
- Through Target’s Electronics Trade-in service, guests will receive an instant $50 trade-in credit for any working phone to use towards the purchase of HTC’s Rhyme (offer valid through October 15, 2011).
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2969; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Unless your phone is a piece of crap this doesnt sound like a good deal. You can still sell a used Droid X, Thunderbolt, Droid Charge, etc for 200+ dollars.
2. Lanz0r (unregistered)
Do you not see the words *ANY* working phone, meaning you can turn in even an old Motorola Startac aslong as it powers on and works you will get credit for it.
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2969; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Cool if you are one of the 5 people who still have those kinds of phones still laying around and working...
4. T-MoEmployee (unregistered)
Hey I think it's a good deal. Cause we get customers all the time with old phones. And I do mean OLD. Like..... the Nokia ExpressMusic phone. That was a nightmare. And, contrary to popular belief, just because you work at a cell phone company does not mean you have the best phone. I still have a SE Equinox. Getting the Charm tho, gotta stay loyal to T-Mo.
But it is a great way to get new customers for Verizon. Very clever.
6. TheLarryWilson (unregistered)
Crap like this makes my job hard, but the commission will be nice too haha. But I wonder what the catch (If Any) is.