Take a look at what games, apps and videos will look like on the new Apple iPhone
0. phoneArena 31 Aug 2012, 16:55 posted on
With the next iteration of the Apple iPhone expected to offer a larger screen in the 4 inch range, many iPhone users would love to see what apps, videos and games are going to look like on the new screen which will purportedly keep the same resolution horizontally...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Femto (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
I always heard it was girth that's more important, anyway...
4. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Hmmm......but the iphone has only ever measured up 3.5 inch anyhow :-)
14. Femto (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
That's ok. I tell my girlfriend that three and a half inches is average. Shhhhhhhhh......
12. Hammerfest (Posts: 382; Member since: 12 May 2012)
so NARROW when it comes to height... thats horrid!
30. wakingup (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Aug 2011)
I dont care what Apple does cause at the end of the day, the iPhone will still be the same piece of garbage that came out in 2005 with microscopic tweaks here and there.
One android update fills the same as 6 generations of iPhones and more.
36. wakingup (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Aug 2011)
Yes. My mistake. Thanks for the correction.
23. khmer (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Sharp delayed display production due too complication and slow process on display methods. iPhone is not ready for consumers until next year.
2. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
This is way cooler than Samsung Galaxy S III :D
6. Ohrules (Posts: 327; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
are you serious? oh wait, you are, literally!
41. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
it's 4" GS II 4.7" how can it be cooler when it's only 4" and still looks the same after 3yrs
42. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
YOU need 4.7" and not EVERYONE. YOU can't and shouldn't speak on behalf of EVERYONE.
Besides, every Note iteration seems to reuse the same design of the galaxy S phones. Bitch on that.
5. tunisien14 (Posts: 7; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
with even a 4" screen, the iphone can never beat the GS3 or GN2
11. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Heck the Galaxy Nexus's screen is still better.
31. wakingup (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Aug 2011)
Everythingnos bigger. Ive seen feature phones woth bigger screens...
7. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its just simply an iphone 4 stretched weirdly out of proportion into a tv remote shape.
Halloween must have come early because this is design is certainly set to horrify!
20. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
bro u really think that's the new iPhone? C'mon man I read ur posts all the time, and u r one of the few android users/techies with insight not jus dumb apple basher comments. U should know that apples non reaction to these leaks shows that this isn't the new device. C'mon andro u know better than that.
9. ajoshi06 (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
now samsung must be thinking of suing apple for stealing screen size idea
32. wakingup (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Aug 2011)
They should. For retaliating for Apples lawsuit for being "rectangular with a svreen"
10. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
The iPhone's screen will now be as large as my DROID 4's screen, how revolutionary! The funny thing is I think the screen is too small and I'm sure my next phone will have at least a 4.8" 720p display like the SIII's.
13. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
They should get sued for having a 16:9 ratio like Android has had for almost 5 years now
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
what most fandroids don't know is that the iphone is iconic.. people tell is the iphone (at least the ones with a working brain) from the shape they defend so much, down to the button, Apple has created what no other phone has devoted fans and has done with minor changes, Apple don't want to change too much the iphone due to the fact that may lose its disputed sexiness. and that kind of people is what Apple listens to. hater will hate if the screens remain the same or if it gets bigger, Apple knows this so they will do what is right for their fan base, the ones that will stick around no matter what
22. quickweevil (Posts: 51; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
I don't care if they don't change a thing. As long as the new iPhone has 4G I'm totally in. The iPhone works perfectly for all of my needs. I also have a BS in Computer Science so I'm a techy guy so anyone who claims that the iPhone is only for "stupid" or "technologically illiterate" folks that is simply not true.
33. frydaexiii (Posts: 1425; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, and I hope Samsung sues the crap out of it...
It's not only for "stupid" or "technologically illiterate" folks, it's not a rule, no one is stopping you from sitting in a baby stroller and shaking a baby rattle and getting your wife or children to push you around. But when people see they go "Hey, look at that grown ass man acting like a baby.". It's like that.
24. jroc74 (Posts: 5961; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
No other phone has devoted fans?
Do you honestly think the Galaxy S line doesnt have devoted fans? As much as Motorola is hated on the the Android root, ROM community....it still be one of the best sellers on Verizon.
That reality distortion field must be getting pretty cramped....cutting of oxygen to the brain...
And thanks for admitting that Apple listens to ppl that care more about how sexy a phone is...than what it can do. Of course most of us already knew this...but thanks for confirming anyway.
25. Savage (unregistered)
So they people who Apple cares about now is strictly it's fan base? Not surprising, what else can they do?
40. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
yet 3 models later STILL LOOKS THE SAME nothing change except the size
18. hobble (Posts: 130; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Blah blah blah FRAGMENTATION says all iphone fans.
21. JessJess (unregistered)
Android fans would know, they have loads of experience with it.
28. matrix_neo (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Yeah maybe but ifans will be next if your beloved iphone will have 4" screen. You're too late for the party but still I welcome you.
29. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
don't mention fragmentation on android fans, it's taboo for them!
34. frydaexiii (Posts: 1425; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
iFans are in no position to talk about fragmentation when all iDevices have different stripped down levels of the latest iOS.
At least when Android devices get updated, you know you're getting ALL of the latest and not 1/4 of it.
44. JessJess (unregistered)
Does it make you cry yourself to sleep at night?
19. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Where are people getting these revolutionary statements from? Those sarcastic jokes are getting old
26. jroc74 (Posts: 5961; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Anyway.....congrats Apple for going the bigger screen route.
Funny tho that Jobs said...nobody wants a bigger phone when the EVO and Droid X1 launched. We all know how that turned out....lol.
37. ddeath (Posts: 167; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Maybe they should call it iPhone 4S+1 row.
A: "Hey, is that an iPhone 4S?"
B: "No, it is an iPhone 5."
A: "Huh? You sure? It looks like an iPhone 4 or 4S to me."
B: "It's longer! Ok? See? It has a 4 inch huge screen! It also has an extra row of app icons! That's amazing innovation!"
A: "Ooookkaayy... I don't want to argue with that..." *Goes back using his/her 1+ year old Samsung, HTC, Sony etc. 4++" screen phone he/she is holding.*
38. champ_vl (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
If the new iPhone even came out with a 3.51" display they would still call it "Revolutionary" in some obsessed and stupid way and the sheep in America and Europe would still buy it by the dozen.
39. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
it's a inch bigger. why is this news?
47. _PHug_ (Posts: 443; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Actually it's just half an inch bigger going from 3.5 to 4.
An entire inch would stray to far from the Steve Jobs bible of tech design.
46. champ_vl (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
It seems we have an iPhone fan amongst us that keeps "unliking" our honest comments. Haters gonna hate.
48. AndroidVsApple (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
4.3 Inch Screen would of been better they just extend it half an inch.. Thats disappointing im keeping the 4S till Apple comes up with something not Stupid like this.. And BTW This should of been the iPhone 4. Get it iPhone 4? 4 inch Screen? The iPhone 5 would of been slightly bigger and much much thinner. sheesh The Nexus still beats this Paper weight