Take a look at us testing the HTC One at MWC: more benchmarks
0. phoneArena 26 Feb 2013, 10:03 posted on
The HTC One got unveiled just before Mobile World Congress and it impressed us with its bold decision to use a wide-angle camera with larger pixels and a smaller megapixel count…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ama3654 (Posts: 267; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Its truely a Gorgeous phone, with some daring grunt underneath. Will still wait to see what Galaxy S4 has to offer.
8. p5yb0rg (unregistered)
HTC has always produced "georgeos" looking phones but as everything in life, good looks usually compensates for other features. Let's take women for example, try striking up an intelligent conversation with a beautiful woman and after a while, you'll soon determine that there's nothing of value or quality inside; only emptiness, hollow. Similarly, this is the case with HTC phones.
16. Taters (Posts: 4070; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I agree except with the they always produce gorgeous phones part. In fact, I think their design has always been too gaudy and not elegant enough.
19. Commentator (Posts: 2765; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Sounds like you have a pretty negative impression of beautiful women. I feel sorry for you and whatever horrible past experiences you've had that leads you to believe something as misogynistic and degrading as what you just said.
I also feel sorry for you because, judging by your profile, you have an HTC phone, and you clearly think they are hollow and worthless.
22. Leo_MC (Posts: 683; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
You couldn't be more wrong.
Take Mira Sorvino, for instance: beautiful woman, Harvard graduate.
Jennifer Connolly - Yale, Brooke Shields - Princeton, Kate Beckinsale - Oxford.
24. Taters (Posts: 4070; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
He isn't wrong about HTC. Women in general yes, he is wrong. In fact, current studies show that attractive people have greater success in life because people are willing to nurture them and teach them more so they have a better upbringing and attractive people are more likely hired because looks have a huge impact on first impressions during interviews. So they have a lot more opportunities than an ugly duckling. Also, it is not uncool to be techy anymore so a star quarterback with a masters in IT is more common now.
That said, HTC is definitely not Kate Beckinsale. HTC designs definitely go after the rice rocket, formula one racing suit crowd which is more akin to a dumb Baywatch blonde. So in that sense, he is spot on.
2. Srinivas (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
The tegra 4 scored 16,000 in quadrant & 36,000 in Antutu .
6. ama3654 (Posts: 267; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
but tegra 4 isn't ready yet, for the next 2-3 months, htc one is king
17. Taters (Posts: 4070; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The grand memo has the Qualcomm 800 and the Optimus G pro and Asus padfone infinity has the Qualcomm 600 as well. The Grand memo should in theory perform much better with the lower resolution, beefier SOC, and lighter skin. While the Padfone infinity should perform better due to the closer to stock Android skin. Hardly the king.
7. Captain_Doug (Posts: 890; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Which is awesome. Although the Snapdragon 800 isn't out yet. The battle isn't decided yet.
9. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Battle is never decided these days the.. very 3 months some phone will be better than others...
DNA was best from Nov till date, as xperia z and HTC one are not out yet.. when HTC one comes it wil be the best for 2 months as galaxy s4 will come out.... So better buy then wait...
I own DNA from 24th Nov..If i would have waited... I would not have owned phone which is best for atleast 3 months
20. Taters (Posts: 4070; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Except the GS2 dominated for an entire year and the GS3 dominated until the Optimus G came out.
18. Taters (Posts: 4070; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Qualcomm 800 by the end of March according to ZTE, although their is confusion about the actual specs. We will see.
13. Muayyad (Posts: 190; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I think tegra will remain not as power efficient as the snapdragon no matter what.
3. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Why you shouldn't compare its camera against Lumia 920!!
5. amansingal14 (Posts: 305; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
because with portico update on, there is no comparison between the two cameraphones...
4. technut (Posts: 52; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I agree. Samsung has decided to announce the S4 on the 15th, one day after the official release of the HTC One. Smart move.
12. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
ok good cus samsung hardly worry about this one.!!
one is king.
21. Taters (Posts: 4070; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I think you mean one day before and not after. Although HTC is probably scrambling to move up the release to try and sell as many as they can before the GS4 announcement. Which will lead to the typical HTC quality control issues and make them burn more bridges than they already have with their customers. And the HTC cycle downwards continues.
10. pitak (Posts: 23; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
coppy iphone look and coppy nokia technology no innovation
15. Muayyad (Posts: 190; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Lets see who copies the ultrapixel camera, frontal stereo speakers, zoe features and the rugged construction. I guess will see that very soon, in less than a month.
25. Taters (Posts: 4070; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Um, no one is going to copy that crap. No one except HTC would add a HUGE bezel to the front just to add an extra speaker on a device where mono is perfectly fine. Tablet maybe but not a phone. In fact, Samsung already does this with tablets.
Also, Aluminum is not really rugged at all.
11. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
amazing phone and best till now..every thing is great.
i wish htc introduce a new tablet with tegra 4 coming soon..
this tablet the same one i need it..
14. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
its fast true.........but why we shouldn't wait until another similar level phones to come up.........and then compare...
23. Taters (Posts: 4070; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They could have done a Optimus G pro, Grand Memo, HTC One, and Padfone Infinity face off at the show. They all have 2gb of ram and the Qualcomm 600 and up.
27. Taters (Posts: 4070; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
FHD is 1900 x 1200 I believe, so no, not quite there yet on phones.
28. pitak (Posts: 23; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
you go search youtube vdo HTC One Vs Lumia 920 Low Light Comparison
you will see who is the real winner
30. _PHug_ (Posts: 417; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Can we stop pretending like the Lumia compares to high end Android phones?
31. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
a question to htc............. why dont htc collaborate with CARL ZEISS LENS... COMPANY???? this is the best way to explore and invent new technology for cameras.htc make damn good phones but only lack in camera performence, so my view is ... they should iniciate this soon. good luck nyways