Take a look at the future of displays being developed in Japan
0. phoneArena 05 Nov 2012, 17:13 posted on
The FPD 2012 convention was held last week in Yokohama, Japan. Attendance was strong, with a cumulative attendee count...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xtroid2k (Posts: 499; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Its amazing to see technology progress. Im ver interested in the flexible displays.
18. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I'd like that tech on my tablet right now
15. deuel_18 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
i wonder when can i fold and roll this 1mm thin device
3. AnTuTu (Posts: 1012; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
If its Japan ----------------> FTW. God bless them and bring it on :)
9. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Funny thing is majority of them don't believe in god xD
4. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
that means we will have them in the States in 2015
12. bayusuputra (Posts: 949; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
haha, no, probably earlier by Sony etc.. Unless you're talking about apple, in which case, you'll receive it earliest by 2020, and they call it the new resolutionary display..
6. Bernoulli (Posts: 2008; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Hehe it's amazing we're now at this era, looking back at 2002 nokia had barely introduced the camera to a phone and years later they introduced the front facing camera, too bad nokia will probably be gone or absorbed by the time this is released
20. jrandolf (Posts: 22; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
as you wish . it could break your one finger though. :P
10. lyndon420 (Posts: 2086; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Nice to see companies who pour their money into creating great products.
11. kurtdean94 (Posts: 7; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Hope Sony will put 5inch IPS Whitemagic display in 2013 Xperia Flagship that is Odin and Yuga
17. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wasnt japan display also on the iPads??
really nice technology!!!
japan display is compose of sony, sharp and toshiba!!!! this is innovation!
19. bipinm (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
Yes ...This is called innovation...We will see the 5" dispaly in the first flagship phone from Sony next year...Odin and Yuga.....Yay Sony...
21. jrandolf (Posts: 22; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
so you cannot use that in the dark room that has no light ? because it has no backlight .
22. quikjim (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
That is a different display, to complete with a product like an ebook, kindle, ect.
separate devices....its in the article