Taiwan's Fair Trade Commission investigating Samsung Taiwan
0. phoneArena 15 Apr 2013, 22:02 posted on
Samsung Taiwan is under investigation for alleged advertising malpractice against rival HTC; according to the charge, Samsung came up with an advertising campaign that had students pretending to be anonymous online users complaining about HTC handsets while at the same time, recommending Samsung products...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
why is everyone picking on Samsung? It's bout marketing. Marketing is the key too success vust because someone sells more phones than u u have too ram their office? First LG now HTC. Think those two companies are jealous
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Because they're jealous, they can't be as popular as Samsung, that's why they choose the mean way to "fight" with Samsung!
And I hope Nokia, Sony, Huawei won't do this stupid thing! :)
6. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Everyone is picking on Samsung because they right now are in the #1 spot for phone sales worldwide.
9. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
What happenes if SONY or Motorola was on the top spot then what?
14. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Things will be different, Samsung have already do bad things, and that's copy, for example : Floating Touch from Sony, and Samsung rename it to Air Gesture.
And Sony is very kind, Sony didn't even think about suing, Samsung is just lucky!
17. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The way Samsung detects air gestures is different than the Sony patent. If Sony sued them Samsung would win. Just because Sony had a patent first for gestures doesn't mean that others can't come in and do it differently. If Samsung was infringing on Sony's method they would of been sued the day the S4 got announced. All phones will have air gestures in 1-2 years.
49. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh I didn't think about that! Ok, I understand!
But still, Sony and Samsung won't sue each other!
58. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i agree with you air gesture is different than sony floating touch technology
but air view its same like sony floating touch,
sony doesn't need sued samsung if there is Patent License Agreement between them.
until this day i still doesn't know what technology that samsung use on floating touch tech (airview) but samsung not have the patent either (sony have it) and the air view have the same method like sony floating touch the feature that make you able to interact or control user interface by hovering.
35. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Airview is already available in note 2...but it needs spen...it actually samsung's idea..in s4 samsung found a different way to use airview..and they implemented it...
59. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Sony Xperia sola have that feature even before note 2, and it doesn't need S pen to do that.
Xperia sola also have glove mode ( lumia 920 first ) and able to interact or control all user interface by hovering
its not Samsung idea because Sony is the first one, so its Sony idea
Until this day i still don't know that Samsung have patent on airview ( floating touch )
but sony have it the floating touch technology is developed by cypress and sony mobile
36. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
If you are talking about copying..what about notification toggles and small apps in xperia z...
50. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Every smartphone have those!
And Apple is gonna patent it and start the sue! :P
61. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
According to this news, ppl aren't attacking samsung.
It's samsung initiated this attack.
"According to the regulatory agency, Samsung used college students in the area and had them go online, pretending to be disgruntled HTC device owners. The students would post negative comments about the Taiwan based manufacturer while positing positive words about Samsung."
2. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I do it for free because its hilarious how defensive people are of the HTC One its sickening. Nobody cares what phone you use. Tons of other people out there also do it for free without Samsung asking them.
3. umadden (banned) (Posts: 90; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
papss is hired by nokia to bash samsung
5. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Every company does it to lure in buyers. They also give their youtube videos fake views, comments, subscribers and pay off news sites for good reviews. Go on sites like Amazon, manufactures post fake reviews on everything. Its good someone is finally doing something about it. Using Samsung should be a good example to other companies to stop before they get law suits.
7. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
WOW...how decieving! No worries, I just pre-ordered my premium handset the HTC ONE!
8. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Aluminium isn't really a premium metal, I mean soda cans are made out of aluminium. Apple has managed to trick so many people into thinking its a good material for phones, its probably the worst possible metal to use on a phone. It is weak, easy to scratch, interfers with NFC/the cell radio. They need a polycarb version of the HTC One, it would get better cell reception and run cooler and not dent/scratch from day to day use.
16. srimob (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Soda cans made with cheepmetal .. Then what about cheep plastic toys .. Is it premium metal... Waste of samdung troll...
18. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Polycarbonate is much stronger than aluminium, it also cost more. A 12 pack of soda has more "premium" aluminium in it than any phone ever will.
22. srimob (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
There are lot of differences between polycorbonate and plastic.. Nokia using premium polycorbonate and Samsung will use cheep plastic meterial...
34. umadden (banned) (Posts: 90; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
nokia lumia 920's cheap squeaky plastic:
stay mad buddy :)
41. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Wow, you deserve a nobel prize for your stupidity!
60. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
are you really know what are you talking about aluminium isn't the most premium metal on earth but it looks and feels more premium than polycarbonate, its not weak either thats why many genius use it for car frame or air plane and aluminum have different series
let me give you material comparison between polycarbonate vs Aluminium 6000 series (iphone 5)
the problem with samsung is not polycarbonate, but the problem is Build Quality
67. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
There are no test of the Samsung polycarbonate, it will be interesting to see if Samsung choose cheap polycarb or good polycarb.
73. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
did you really read my comment???using polycarbonate its not a bad things, it just samsung construction doesn't have premuim build.
If samsung want to uses polycarbonate make it more durable
like Nokia Lumia 920, Xperia Go and etc.
because you like it or not aluminium looks and feels more premium than polycarbonate and aluminium its not ''weak''
1.CPU in Pc Computer using aluminium to release the heat so the CPU not overheating ( thats why metal phone getting little bit more hot than the plastic phone thats normal )
2. Qualcomm is make the coolest mobile processor right now so if you said HTC can cook an egg, imagine if samsung combine Exynos + metal it would be hell on smartphone
if you love samsung so much its ok but stop talking about b**l s**t
10. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
and PA got a chance to bash sammy... the way phonearena posts articles it seems they are paid by apple to bash samsung. and i m not from taiwan! lol
11. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
WOW! Samsung isn't Innocent at all!
-Samsung stole technologies from Pantech
-Samsung copied the original touchwiz from iOS and changed the touchwiz after being sued.
-Samsung copied "FLOATING TOUCH" from Sony and renamed it to AIR GESTURES
And now SAMSUNG is bashing their rival via INTERNET!!
Samsung is evil!
SAMSUNG FANBOYS THUMBS DOWN!!!
15. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Hey your finally realizing how the business world works. Every company does this.