Taiwan's Fair Trade Commission investigating Samsung Taiwan
0. phoneArena 15 Apr 2013, 22:02 posted on
Samsung Taiwan is under investigation for alleged advertising malpractice against rival HTC; according to the charge, Samsung came up with an advertising campaign that had students pretending to be anonymous online users complaining about HTC handsets while at the same time, recommending Samsung products...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
why is everyone picking on Samsung? It's bout marketing. Marketing is the key too success vust because someone sells more phones than u u have too ram their office? First LG now HTC. Think those two companies are jealous
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Because they're jealous, they can't be as popular as Samsung, that's why they choose the mean way to "fight" with Samsung!
And I hope Nokia, Sony, Huawei won't do this stupid thing! :)
6. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Everyone is picking on Samsung because they right now are in the #1 spot for phone sales worldwide.
9. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
What happenes if SONY or Motorola was on the top spot then what?
14. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Things will be different, Samsung have already do bad things, and that's copy, for example : Floating Touch from Sony, and Samsung rename it to Air Gesture.
And Sony is very kind, Sony didn't even think about suing, Samsung is just lucky!
17. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The way Samsung detects air gestures is different than the Sony patent. If Sony sued them Samsung would win. Just because Sony had a patent first for gestures doesn't mean that others can't come in and do it differently. If Samsung was infringing on Sony's method they would of been sued the day the S4 got announced. All phones will have air gestures in 1-2 years.
49. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh I didn't think about that! Ok, I understand!
But still, Sony and Samsung won't sue each other!
58. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i agree with you air gesture is different than sony floating touch technology
but air view its same like sony floating touch,
sony doesn't need sued samsung if there is Patent License Agreement between them.
until this day i still doesn't know what technology that samsung use on floating touch tech (airview) but samsung not have the patent either (sony have it) and the air view have the same method like sony floating touch the feature that make you able to interact or control user interface by hovering.
35. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Airview is already available in note 2...but it needs spen...it actually samsung's idea..in s4 samsung found a different way to use airview..and they implemented it...
59. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Sony Xperia sola have that feature even before note 2, and it doesn't need S pen to do that.
Xperia sola also have glove mode ( lumia 920 first ) and able to interact or control all user interface by hovering
its not Samsung idea because Sony is the first one, so its Sony idea
Until this day i still don't know that Samsung have patent on airview ( floating touch )
but sony have it the floating touch technology is developed by cypress and sony mobile
36. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
If you are talking about copying..what about notification toggles and small apps in xperia z...
50. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Every smartphone have those!
And Apple is gonna patent it and start the sue! :P
61. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
According to this news, ppl aren't attacking samsung.
It's samsung initiated this attack.
"According to the regulatory agency, Samsung used college students in the area and had them go online, pretending to be disgruntled HTC device owners. The students would post negative comments about the Taiwan based manufacturer while positing positive words about Samsung."
2. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I do it for free because its hilarious how defensive people are of the HTC One its sickening. Nobody cares what phone you use. Tons of other people out there also do it for free without Samsung asking them.
3. umadden (banned) (Posts: 90; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
papss is hired by nokia to bash samsung
5. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Every company does it to lure in buyers. They also give their youtube videos fake views, comments, subscribers and pay off news sites for good reviews. Go on sites like Amazon, manufactures post fake reviews on everything. Its good someone is finally doing something about it. Using Samsung should be a good example to other companies to stop before they get law suits.
7. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
WOW...how decieving! No worries, I just pre-ordered my premium handset the HTC ONE!
8. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Aluminium isn't really a premium metal, I mean soda cans are made out of aluminium. Apple has managed to trick so many people into thinking its a good material for phones, its probably the worst possible metal to use on a phone. It is weak, easy to scratch, interfers with NFC/the cell radio. They need a polycarb version of the HTC One, it would get better cell reception and run cooler and not dent/scratch from day to day use.
16. srimob (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Soda cans made with cheepmetal .. Then what about cheep plastic toys .. Is it premium metal... Waste of samdung troll...
18. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Polycarbonate is much stronger than aluminium, it also cost more. A 12 pack of soda has more "premium" aluminium in it than any phone ever will.
22. srimob (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
There are lot of differences between polycorbonate and plastic.. Nokia using premium polycorbonate and Samsung will use cheep plastic meterial...
34. umadden (banned) (Posts: 90; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
nokia lumia 920's cheap squeaky plastic:
stay mad buddy :)
41. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Wow, you deserve a nobel prize for your stupidity!
60. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
are you really know what are you talking about aluminium isn't the most premium metal on earth but it looks and feels more premium than polycarbonate, its not weak either thats why many genius use it for car frame or air plane and aluminum have different series
let me give you material comparison between polycarbonate vs Aluminium 6000 series (iphone 5)
the problem with samsung is not polycarbonate, but the problem is Build Quality
67. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
There are no test of the Samsung polycarbonate, it will be interesting to see if Samsung choose cheap polycarb or good polycarb.
73. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
did you really read my comment???using polycarbonate its not a bad things, it just samsung construction doesn't have premuim build.
If samsung want to uses polycarbonate make it more durable
like Nokia Lumia 920, Xperia Go and etc.
because you like it or not aluminium looks and feels more premium than polycarbonate and aluminium its not ''weak''
1.CPU in Pc Computer using aluminium to release the heat so the CPU not overheating ( thats why metal phone getting little bit more hot than the plastic phone thats normal )
2. Qualcomm is make the coolest mobile processor right now so if you said HTC can cook an egg, imagine if samsung combine Exynos + metal it would be hell on smartphone
if you love samsung so much its ok but stop talking about b**l s**t
10. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
and PA got a chance to bash sammy... the way phonearena posts articles it seems they are paid by apple to bash samsung. and i m not from taiwan! lol
11. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
WOW! Samsung isn't Innocent at all!
-Samsung stole technologies from Pantech
-Samsung copied the original touchwiz from iOS and changed the touchwiz after being sued.
-Samsung copied "FLOATING TOUCH" from Sony and renamed it to AIR GESTURES
And now SAMSUNG is bashing their rival via INTERNET!!
Samsung is evil!
SAMSUNG FANBOYS THUMBS DOWN!!!
15. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Hey your finally realizing how the business world works. Every company does this.
68. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Virtually every phone manufacturer has been accused of patent infringement at one time or another. HTC, Nokia, Samsung, Apple, LG etc.
71. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Patent infringement = Paying people to say negative things about another company? No. Those are two things on totally different levels. This isn't even infringing patents, in fact has nothing to do with patents.
37. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Samsung was first with airview...sony found that concept interesting and implement that in different way(using front cam)...now samsung found more efficient way to use it(using sensors).....if you literally sony copied here....but i will not say it as copying everyone founds different way to implement the same thing...it's you guys who are not paying attention to how technology developed...and accusing your hatred company...
38. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
you literally sony
"so literally sony
42. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
XPERIA SOLA donsen't even have FRONTCAM. ITS THE ONLY PHONE FROM SONY THAT HAS THE FLOATING TOUCH!!
Do a research before accusing sony!
43. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I just read that from PA....buy it's clear that samsung uses more efficient way in s4...i didn't accuse sony...read my comment properly...i said that's how technology progresses..samsung made airview using spen sony found another way to do it...samsung found yet another do it..
Samsung or sony no one copied here...
44. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I just read that in PA....buy it's clear that samsung uses more efficient way in s4...i didn't accuse sony...read my comment properly...i said that's how technology progresses..samsung made airview using spen sony found another way to do it...samsung found yet another do it..
Samsung or sony no one copied here...
53. jsdechavez (Posts: 714; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Just another fanboy who doesn't know what he's saying. Doesn't even know the Xperia sola screen tech.
65. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Sony have Floating touch technology ( Xperia sola ) even before Samsung have airview ( note 2 ), and Xperia sola can do anything what S4 can do with airview
and S4 using same way/ideas/method
Floating touch tech is developed by Sony
''Hatred and the Truth is two different things''
63. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
If I am a judge, I would recommand samsung fan boys should go kill them self.
They are doing way too much technology copying from other companies innovation
64. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
prince you are totaly wrong
air gesture is samsung software feature for control userinterface with hand gesture by using camera and sensor just like ''kinect'' and samsung have the patent on that software
airview its same with sony floating touch technology
77. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
Well I don't know how airview works but Sony's Floating touch works with the screen. If you put your finger a centimeter above the screen the screen would detect it. And by the 4.0 ICS update,The floating touch became more functional and now you can use the phone with gloves and even BOXING GLOVES.I think Samsung's air view is the same with Sony's floating touch.
But SONY Did it first
Xperia sola/floating touch-2012 March
Note II/airview-2012 August
13. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Making jokes in advertisements (ie Nokia trolling) is fine, but this is just low.
20. clse945111 (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
gee... so many sammy fanboys(oh... maybe students?) here... lol
23. wendygarett (unregistered)
And who are you? Spoiled brats? Lmao
28. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
you get payed by samsung too you work at the agancy to troll
25. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Have you actually used and HTC One, I was lucky enough to and everything was good till I opened up some 3d games. It runs ridicolously hot when gaming, by far the hotest handheld device I have ever use. I guess if all you do is casual gaming/phone functions the HTC one is an excellent device, but if you actually use it for graphically intense games not so much. Turning down the brightness does make it run cooler. (a case might fix the heat, would be nice to see how much better a case makes it)
30. clse945111 (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
Don't forget that the phone is made of metal, so feeling the heat is actaully very normal, it can even prevent heat damage as heat can come out.
I haven't played with either One and S4 but I don't think there will be much of a difference, you may feel less hot when holding a plactic device, that doesn't mean it's not hot inside.
31. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I wonder if a One could cook an egg :P would be a unique feature.
51. Righton (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)
I tried ONE of my friend, it does not get that hot. warmer then my padfone2 but definitely not as hot as you said.
62. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
YOu should fcuking stop making shiat up man.
I guess you must be a sales man? talk bolls**t all day? lol...
33. Nephylim (Posts: 134; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
ANYWAY......... Samsung will be the number one selling, RAIN or SHINE
69. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Anyone that downvotes for facts is an idiot. 5 idiots downvoted Samsung selling the most phones, they will without a doubt sell more S4s than Iphone 5s/HTC One.
76. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
tthere is 7 idiots not 5
Nephylim, you, and other 5 green thumbs
Because in this articel its talking about Samsung doing dirty move on HTC,
i can't imagine what stupid Samsung fanboy will do if HTC is the bad guy
75. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
hahaha the true face of samsung fanboy
if apple, nokia, htc or other manufacturers do bad things samsung fanboy will bash them so bad
but when samsung being the bad guy
they will say ANYWAY....samsung will be number one selling, samsung is the best, and many other stupid things
OPEN YOUR MIND KID!!!
39. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
@ HDShatter and the rest of paid army of trolls.
I'll give you $2 more than whatever "sammy" is feeding you, if you promise to leave this forum and never comeback. That's all you have to do. As for your beloved sammy once again it proves how low it can go to make that little bit of proffit. They stole the designs and technology from everybody, killed their own factory workers and now when they realized their cheaps plastic s4 is not good enough, they are doing this kind of stuff. Why would somebody in their right mind be ok with this ?! But I don't judge you..you are an either paid or brainwashed troll, wither way very sad.
P.s. I to have the One and you know what ?! IT DOESN'T GET HOT ATT ALL !! and no review out there mentions anything about the One getting hot. So please spread your bulls**t somewhere else.