Tablets get ranked by repairability: Dell XPS 10 is first, Surface Pro and the iPads last
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2013, 09:09 posted on
First in line is the Dell XPS 10, followed by the Kindle Fire, and at the tail of the ranking list are Apple's aluminum slates, and the above-mentioned Surface Pro Windows 8 tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. protozeloz (Posts: 5188; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Woa a score of 1! That's quite bad for reparability this also means the cost of a 3RD party repair shop could go really high.... Though the added size and weigh would have made things more laptop like and much more easy to repair
3. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
they are trying to make you buy a new one,even for a small problem on the device
7. Kan_wha (Posts: 84; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
lol, burning through natural resources one tablet at a time
4. tward291 (Posts: 557; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Or you could get the extended warranty from ms
11. JonBjSig (Posts: 167; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
You shouldn't have to, this isn't just a question of cost, it's incredibly wasteful to have to throw out a broken tablet for a new one rather than just fix it.
5. blattlaus (Posts: 51; Member since: 12 Dec 2010)
Interesting that the tablets usually reviewed with the highest build quality- iPad and Surface, have the lowest repairability ratings. With all
6. Kan_wha (Posts: 84; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Just because it looks nice and has nice outside materials, doesn't mean its of high build quality.
9. blattlaus (Posts: 51; Member since: 12 Dec 2010)
Are you claiming that the iPad and Surface are not of high build quality? Becaue the general consensus anoung reviewers is the the iPad and Surface are built like tanks and owning one and having used the other, I agree.
Plastic builds with snap off back covers seem to rate high on repairability by iFixit, but I wouldn't want to drop one of them, nor are they of high quality.
8. haseebzahid (Posts: 1720; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i heard of reports about surface got late to market because of its tricky assembling process
still anyone have one spare i can take good care of it :D
10. dorianb (Posts: 303; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Surface Pro - 1
iPad Mini/4 - 2
Surface RT - 4
Kindle Fire HD 8.9 - 5
Nexus 10 - 6
Nexus 7 - 7
Dell XPS - 9