Tablet users better be contortionists to keep healthy posture, says a joint Harvard and Microsoft study
0. phoneArena 25 Jan 2012, 09:29 posted on
A study for the National Institute of Health was done by Harvard's medical and public health schools, with input from a Microsoft researcher, that examines how healthy is out posture when we use a tablet, compared to the more traditional desktop or laptop computers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
"iPads Disease" I would say "Tablets Disease" but the iPad is leading the way.
7. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
ipad disease has been documented as "The ailment where a bodys mental reasoning and free will thinking ceases to exist and the human victim is reduced to buying apple products over and over again until death insues"
2. downphoenix (Posts: 2378; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Now this research holds some weight. That report that Phone Arena posted a week or so ago about how typing on a tablet is worse than a keyboard, this on the other hand is logical, its not good to bend your neck or back for an extended period of time at all.
3. JonGarrett (Posts: 29; Member since: 06 Aug 2011)
Ive never used my tablet for more than an hour at a time. on average, I use it for maybe 20-30 minutes and about 2-3 times a week.
4. c.hack (Posts: 519; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
What's the difference between slouching while tableting vs reading a book/Kindle vs staring at a TV?
8. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1643; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
i understand your book argument but tvs are usually placed directly in front of us or up high even like at sports bars and such. Tablets and books are used looking down.
6. theoak (Posts: 320; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I wonder if my medical insurance will cover treatment??? ;)
9. pongkie (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
Or to summarize the article the apple sales is giving Microsoft people neck problems by stooping their heads down in shame and agony