TSMC rumored to experience major 28nm shortage through summer
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Apr 2012, 05:58
TSMC may have shortfall of 28nm chips though the spring\summer, significantly reducing the production capacity of AMD & NVIDIA's mobile processors...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GuiltyBystander posted on 11 Apr 2012, 06:37 0 0
Da Fuq?!. I thought TSMC scrapped the 32nm node to focus on and accelerate the 28nm node..
2. remixfa posted on 11 Apr 2012, 07:06 3 0
well, this is the perfect opportunity for samsung to leverage their extra capacity for making exynos chips with those new foundries they opened. Who wouldnt ant an HTC with exynos inside. :)
4. theindianguy posted on 11 Apr 2012, 10:09 1 0
i don't mind who manufactures the chips as long as they perform well :) and i would love to see exynos in a HTC phone.
3. Droid_X_Doug posted on 11 Apr 2012, 08:01 1 0
Yup, if the rumor is true, it is definitely an opportunity for Sammy.