TSMC rumored to experience major 28nm shortage through summer
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2012, 05:58 posted on
TSMC may have shortfall of 28nm chips though the spring\summer, significantly reducing the production capacity of AMD & NVIDIA's mobile processors...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Da Fuq?!. I thought TSMC scrapped the 32nm node to focus on and accelerate the 28nm node..
2. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
well, this is the perfect opportunity for samsung to leverage their extra capacity for making exynos chips with those new foundries they opened. Who wouldnt ant an HTC with exynos inside. :)
4. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
i don't mind who manufactures the chips as long as they perform well :) and i would love to see exynos in a HTC phone.
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yup, if the rumor is true, it is definitely an opportunity for Sammy.