TSMC confirms it will fully meet 28nm chip demand in Q1 2013, 20nm going ahead of schedule
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Jun 2012, 07:22
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) is the world’s biggest semiconductor foundry, and when it confirms that 28nm chips will come very close to meeting demand…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. remixfa posted on 13 Jun 2012, 08:53 3 0
not quite that fast. they should be down to the 20nm range though. be lookin at like 2015 for 15nm and under.
4. Hunt3rj2 posted on 13 Jun 2012, 19:20 0 0
Getting to sub-15nm will be incredibly hard to achieve.
6. remixfa posted on 14 Jun 2012, 11:07 0 0
Intel is saying they can break the theoretical 9nm limit by like 2015/2016. Awesome stuff.
5. Sangeet posted on 14 Jun 2012, 02:25 0 0
Sure, they would be there but not so early, maybe 10 years after we will have them as or now waiting for the 20nm ones
3. Bluesky02 posted on 13 Jun 2012, 10:18 0 0
Atleast TSMC is fully aware that it should do something quickly