TSMC confirms it will fully meet 28nm chip demand in Q1 2013, 20nm going ahead of schedule
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2012, 07:22 posted on
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) is the world’s biggest semiconductor foundry, and when it confirms that 28nm chips will come very close to meeting demand…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mercorp (Posts: 915; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Next year,we will have 15,10 or.even 5nm chips.
2. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
not quite that fast. they should be down to the 20nm range though. be lookin at like 2015 for 15nm and under.
4. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Getting to sub-15nm will be incredibly hard to achieve.
6. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Intel is saying they can break the theoretical 9nm limit by like 2015/2016. Awesome stuff.
5. Sangeet (Posts: 222; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Sure, they would be there but not so early, maybe 10 years after we will have them as or now waiting for the 20nm ones
3. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1429; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Atleast TSMC is fully aware that it should do something quickly