TSMC builds up Fab 14, the first in the world to make 20nm chips
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Nov 2012, 03:51
TSMC has started phase 6 construction of its Fab 14. Why is this important? Fab 14 is the fabrication facility that will first in the world start manufacturing 20nm systems on a chip…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 26 Nov 2012, 04:03 5 3
Without tsmc... Qualcomm and nvidia wont exist... Tsmc is the world biggest supplier for the chips maker company...
Thanks to the phonearena for writing the previous article about the tsmc background... I feel like highly educated lol :P
3. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 26 Nov 2012, 04:29 2 3
IDK... One thing I know is that your avatar... Is AWESOME!!! LOL
4. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 26 Nov 2012, 04:47 2 2
Intel makes its own chips, that's different model from TSMC's. I think what Wendy says is correct.
5. ph00ny posted on 26 Nov 2012, 05:22 2 0
Intel is the biggest.
As for TSMC, we shall see on the yield rates because they struggled with 28nm polysi
6. nak1017 posted on 26 Nov 2012, 09:27 0 0
Seriously, more than half the wafer production tech that was on the books when I was in school had intel written all over it...
I know Intel makes 20nm stuff, is it just not in CPU form?
7. AamirSIII posted on 26 Nov 2012, 17:04 0 0
Im so amused at creation of God when i see that silicon, which we human think is "DIRT", is so powerful and has become such a big part of our lives we cant live with out these chips which are actually "SILICON"...