T-Mobile's Samsung Galaxy S III getting Android 4.1 update now
0. phoneArena 14 Nov 2012, 07:15 posted on
Sprint customers with the Samsung Galaxy S III were the first to receive the Android 4.1 update for the flagship handset, and now it is T-Mobile's Samsung Galaxy S III users who are happily receiving the update to Android 4.1...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
16. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Gotta say it's pretty amazing. I got my update notification from Tmobile this morning at 6:49 am and by 7:15am the update was completed. The stock browser is so much better. Gmail operates faster, the notifications shade has a very nice glow and when the update was completed all my old folders with games and apps were separated into circle folders similar to stock android but better. Pop up player is smoother. My Google plus and Facebook applications are more fluid for some reason. Gallery seems smoother. Great update I have to say. I can only imagine how much better it is on my Galaxy Note 2 that i will be purchasing Thursday since that is quadcore 1.6 Exynos 4412 processor instead of the current dualcore snapdragon s4 on the Galaxy S3.
4. buggerrer (Posts: 293; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
I'm jealous too (on Verizon) could someone tell us how well this improves battery life?
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9659; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Battery life is definitely better. I'm at 95% when I would usually be at 85ish.
The change in speed is ridiculous. I think my phone is on crack or something.
5. Midi116 (Posts: 5; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
just got finished downloading mine and what can i say....it smooth
6. ghoriich (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jan 2011)
Its..... really smooth. ...almost like whenever I would see videos of people saying oh yea its really smooth and it looks like nothing is different.... u can definitely tell the difference when you have it in hand! !!
7. mydi.maus (unregistered)
I CANT BELIEVE ITS BUTTER,..
9. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
Sweeter than Willy Wonka and the CHocolate factory.Just got it 4 am this morning when I thought it was a maintenance upgrade til I saw 4.1 and I finally got Google Now!!BEAUTIFUL!!Peanut Butter smooth!! T Y Tmobile and Samsung(yeah I sound like a kid at a candy store but hey it's Android 4.1 JB..FTW. Right on!!
12. Panta (Posts: 13; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
I'm on Sprint, and it's been weeks since the 4.1 update supposedly started and I still haven't received it?
13. oister85 (Posts: 421; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
You probably need to reset your phone. That happens to me when the htc evo got updated to 2.3 . I waited for month after the update was realese.
14. Panta (Posts: 13; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
I don't think so, I checked the Sprint thread and nobody has mentioned that they've gotten the normal upgrade from Sprint?
21. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
Panta it's time to bounce from the YellowGang . Tmo has it:Nwide 4g speeds unlimited at that up to 42mbps,cheaper rates,better penetration and coverage and have merged with Metro PCS to get LTE 1st qtr of 2013
15. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Come on AT&T, I want me some jelly bean!!!
17. davidpoitier (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
It's great I replaced s voice on the home button with Google now! ...smooth like butter!
19. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
come on i want it!! how do i force it lol
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9659; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Settings > About Device > Software Update