T-Mobile's Samsung GALAXY Note II could receive update to turn on LTE support
0. phoneArena 08 Jan 2013, 22:47 posted on
With the news that T-Mobile will be joining the LTE-age before the end of the month, CTO Neville Ray and some other T-Mobile executives are talking about the possibility of sending out a firmware update that would turn on the latent LTE radios inside the guts of the 5.5 inch phablet; the first city to receive T-Mobile's LTE signal will be Las Vegas...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You lucky Americans we don't have LTE just 4G.
That's nice of Samsung.
7. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
not everyone considers HSPA to be true 4G
11. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
HSPA+(high speed packet access)is 4g.Not LTE. Tmo nevered marketed it as LTE.Their is just as fast as Verizon's and faster a lil bit than ATT
3. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Things are looking like 2013 will shape up to be a MAJOR T-MOBILE ROMP...People better be prepared to be hearing plenty from tmobile in 2013...My Galaxy Note 2 will be waiting here in New York City...
8. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Honestly with this news the Note 2 pretty much is the perfect phone. This is my first contract phone in over 4 years and I actually don't feel "jailed" to it for 20 months. I had the international Note 1 and its flaws (e.g. low speaker & earpiece volume) really left me unsatisfied. But I'm so happy with my Note 2 I might not need Phonearena anymore... jk I still love reading up on the new stuff.
9. kingcombo78 (Posts: 15; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
I agree with ya and I still have my note1 and the note2..cant wait for this update to hit
12. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
You got Tmobile? Same here .Don't feel locked up or anything at the end of the month my BADA$$ GSIII will be going to a relative and I will have the Note II