T-Mobile's HTC One (M8) updated to Android 4.4.3
0. phoneArena 18 Aug 2014, 10:51 posted on
While it has yet to appear on T-Mobile's website, it would appear that an update to Android 4.4.3 for the carrier's version of the HTC One (M8), has started. A screenshot from a T-Mobile customer, reveals that software version 2.22.531.5 has been sent out OTA. While the update stops short of the latest Android 4.4.4 build, keep in mind that HTC has included the newer security features of Android 4.4.4, with its Android 4.4.3 update...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. na7noo7 (Posts: 274; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
Come on, give me real threads, not update threads.
3. Timmons (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
And yet little ol oneplus has my one one 4.4.4. This is the reason to buy unlocked and straight out. Carriers suck
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The 4.4.3 update is essentially 4.4.4. Please read before commenting.
6. JC557 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Yup and the One M7 & M8 will see Android L not too long after release.
10. Timmons (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
I did read Johnny law. I was making a statement about carriers but I'm sure it was your preferred carrier that you were sticking up for.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Are you sure? ALL HTC models are getting 4.4.3 instead of 4.4.4, not just the T-Mobile variant. You might want to read some more.
14. Timmons (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
Smh I was just stating that without carrier chains updates come quicker and that is better.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Got the update but can only update through WiFi instead of LTE. -_-
7. JC557 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
So what's the verdict so far with this update? Any improvements/ extra optimization?
I can't wait to get my update.
8. amats69 (Posts: 1137; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
extra optimization on Dot View... addition of file manager and they said many bug fixes and htc included the security fix in 4.4.4...
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Slightly different boot animation, GPS and flashlight icon is different, and slightly different battery info in settings. Pretty much everything was under the hood.
13. JC557 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Did battery life improve? I know there were times when Android OS or Kernel reared their ugly heads once in a while and took top spot in the GSAM monitor. The phone still lasted me more than a day but Display should've taken top spot.
A minor problem but more optimization is always welcome.
9. amats69 (Posts: 1137; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
before the android L upgrade i think theres one more update for your M8 guys...just last two days i got an update for GPS improvement with software number 2.22.401.5
15. chebner (Posts: 148; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
My Sprint M8 got 4.4.3 update at least three weeks ago. Came with WI-FI calling. Used it for a while until I figured out texts weren't coming through when connected to WI-FI and WI-FI calling was enabled.
Seems to hold 4G connection better. I live in the Twin Cities and I now rarely drop to 3G. Not sure if it was the Android update or Sprint optimizing the network.
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Alan has no clue what he's talking about. I said the same thing and he said I was wrong. -_-