T-Mobile's Galaxy S 4G challenges the iPhone to a $1000 wireless speed battle
0. phoneArena 28 Apr 2011, 09:45 posted on
In an effort to promote its 4G wireless network and to grab the attention of iPhone aficionados, T-Mobile is setting up an unusual challenge this weekend. If you live in the Seattle area and you own an iPhone, you are officially invited to...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
t-mobile will win. ipod touch wont work on 3G network
6. iwebdroidberry7 (Posts: 230; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Or any other 3G phone for that matter.
3. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if only steve jobs would allow HSPA in his phone.. oh wait.. he still wouldnt have a chance as ATT's "4g" is roughly a quarter of tmobiles max of 42. :)
4. jogutier (Posts: 324; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
The question should be.....Why doesn't Steve Jobs make an LTE 4G Verizon iPhone and that would win my $1000 CHA CHING. LOL
11. JordanCox (Posts: 21; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
Excuse me but who is T-mobile getting bought out by? Oh yeah that's right, At&t. Haha.
5. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
they probably chose locations where their network speeds peak out while AT&T's has a crappy signal soooo..almost everywhere. xD
here's what you do though, you take a LTE MiFI and have it connected to your iPhone, easy money.
8. gaby1451 (Posts: 113; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yeah good luck with that MiFi stunt since you're iPhone will show it's connected to it through Wifi.
7. downphoenix (Posts: 2733; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
what would be awesome is if their network just suddenly craps out on them during this promotion.
10. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Att and t-mobile are supposedly merging and T-Mobile is having fun f*cking with att. like this, gettting better phones, dissing on the iphone, lowering plan pricing and updating its towers, so when att gets tmobile they have to put up with Expensive phone exchanges, bad iphone reputation(already), deal with grandfathering old tmo plans and turn off hspa towers at 21 or 42 off because they need that spectrum for Lte but its pricy. :) Come on T-Mobile sabotage that pathetic company be4 it eats you. :D