T-Mobile's CTO sees the carrier's first LTE market running in 2 to 3 weeks
T-Mobile will be the last of the four major U.S. carriers to build out an LTE network. Verizon has the service available in over 400 markets, followed by AT&T and Sprint. T-Mobile's new LTE customers should notice data speeds up to ten times faster than what they had been getting on 3G. T-Mobile will also be the recipient of LTE pipelines currently owned by MetroPCS when the merger between the two closes later this year.
1. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Hopefully they will put out their first LTE DEVICES for 2013
4. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3525; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
They already have. The Note 2 is LTE compatible & supposedly, newer S3's are too.
9. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
I spoke to Tmobile rep and he said that the current GS3 will be LTE enabled and will work on the LTE network
6. skymitch89 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
The Note 2 is apparently compatible with T-Mobile's LTE network, but will need an update, or be taken into a T-Mobile store, to have LTE enabled on the device.
7. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
exactly the s3 shows it in the mobile network settings
8. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
You will be getting a update for LTE on your Note 2.Even the GSIII will be on LTE
2. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
This is happening earlier than the original proposed date right?
3. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I've read mid-2013 before, so this sounds a bit early.