T-Mobile upgrades data network to 7.2Mbps
source: PhoneScoop via Engadget
1. Rhetoric posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:44 0 0
YAY, more theorycraft! Give us real numbers Telcos, not the labratory magic ones.
2. Legacystar posted on 06 Jan 2010, 15:00 0 0
can att really advertise they have the fastest network now? won't that be a false claim?
4. omarc26 posted on 06 Jan 2010, 16:29 0 0
i agree with u at&t should not make those commercials anymore...
7. deschats posted on 06 Jan 2010, 17:30 0 0
honestly, i dont think anyone can say anything anymore. sprint says its reliable, but i used to get dropped calls all the time. at&t says its fastest, but im on verizon and its faster. verizon has a good network, but prices are a bit steep for some..
3. Rhetoric posted on 06 Jan 2010, 16:28 0 0
On paper it's a false clam, but T-Mobile currently doesn't have the architecture to even support those speeds on their network. Hell, AT&T barely does as evidenced by the issues their users are having. It's all advertising, all 4 of the carriers.
5. omarc26 posted on 06 Jan 2010, 16:34 0 0
ya i know.. o does anyone know when we will get video calling????
6. remixfa posted on 06 Jan 2010, 17:22 0 0
sure they do, its just tuning of the network. u dont think the towers that they installed 8 months ago were hsdpa capable? its a software upgrade. ATT is doing software and hardware upgrades.. which is why its taking longer.
8. BlackberryUser posted on 06 Jan 2010, 22:16 0 0
You also have to have the backbone of internet to be distributed.