T-Mobile sues AT&T over Aio logo
0. phoneArena 28 Aug 2013, 23:24 posted on
AT&T had to back off from its deal to buy T-Mobile due to pressure from the U.S. government; since then, there has been bad feelings between the nation's second largest carrier and its fourth largest. Who could forget T-Mobile's outspoken CEO John Legere calling AT&T's network "crap" in Las Vegas during CES this past January. AT&T responded with a full-page ad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. clevername (Posts: 1401; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Shut the front door!!! I can trademark any color and sue someone for it?!
lame these guys need to grow up.
8. xDrizzyXx (Posts: 61; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
thank you. If apple can do rounded corners, then this is viable by me. Go T-Mobile!!! Oh and also in the article it says AT&T responded to Legere's comments at CES by a full page ad, if I recall correctly, wasn't it T-Mobile who did the ad first? Then AT&T responded.
12. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 202; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
There is a specific Pantone color that's referred to as "Barbie pink". So yeah you sort of can.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5928; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Oh come on T-Mobile. You seriously trademarked a color? Really?
5. -box- (Posts: 3537; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Why didn't AT&T use orange, or a nice aqua or something different, like silver? AT&T is blue, vzw red, sprint yellow, cricket green, etc.
7. adamross55 (Posts: 14; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Its not even the exact same shade of magenta. Its a completely different shade, as explained by Android Police.
9. pookiewood (Posts: 466; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
The shade is different, I'm a color geek just ask my wife, but I love that tweet! Haha!
10. Exile SS (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
I'm trademarking the letter "E" anyone using it (written, verbally, or otherwise) without my written permission will be sued!!!
Seriously though this sue happy nation is getting way out of hand....
11. pookiewood (Posts: 466; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Ahh how dar you do that? How ls am I supposd to spll nigma, gg or outrag?
13. skymitch89 (Posts: 970; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I would try and use the AIO to my advantage if I were T-Mo. I'd put an ad or something out there that says something like "Wanna know the truth about AIO? Come see a T-Mobile store for details" to try and get customers to come into the T-Mobile stores.
14. networkdood (Posts: 5248; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, T-Mobile takes a page from Apple's litigious playbook...pathetic.
15. jake85012 (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Feb 2014)
If Legere would spend as much time trying to make his ghetto network better as he does putting others down and blowing smoke up our asses....................