T-Mobile strikes back at AT&T with newspaper ads
And while it is not yet certain whether we’d indeed see those ads run in the press chances are T-Mobile will approve them soon and if all plays out as expected, they can even end up in tomorrow’s papers.
AT&T has fired at T-Mobile for not offering a data service as fast as its 4G LTE service, but on the other hand T-Mobile says it’s got brilliant coverage and nothing to be ashamed of. Take a look at T-Mobile’s counter-ads right below.
T-Mobile strikes back AT&T with newspaper ads Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
T-Mobile strikes back AT&T with newspaper ads
1. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Simple. For the extra
bandwidth and towers. Not for the coverage.
16. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
TMo is crazy. Its not like AT&T woulda dumped their existing network and towers for T Mo's...they would combined everything into one.
32. corporateJP (Posts: 1520; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Bandwidth and towers ARE coverage.
2. ZayZay (Posts: 555; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Newspaper ads make me laugh. I would have never saw these if it weren't for the internet.
13. sniper1087 (Posts: 331; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I think they replaced Carly, have not seen her lately
5. idroidequis (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I laughed at this. Newspaper really? Who reads those anymore.
6. gameday78 (Posts: 47; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Towers are the answer! T-Mobile has the lowest usage per tower! so do u buy or lease land build towers or try to buy them for cheap! Plus why has T-Mobile's parent company publicly stated that they wanted to sell T-Mo multiple times and after no one wanted to buy them and Att wasn't allowed to buy them now they are like "were the best"! No guys u tried and were left wanting... just accept your role and shut up!
Aka...your role is the joke of the industry! Wait my bad that's Sprint! Or Softbank or whatever the name of the Japanese company that bailed them out of bankruptcy...
9. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 846; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
We need T-Mobile and Sprint to remind Verizon and At&t that there are competitors out there. These smaller carriers remind the big ones that we're willing to pay more for better service but if you take it to far the roles will be reversed when people jump ship.
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
In the end, Verizon is the winner :)
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
And you too lol
34. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
hahaha.. wendy is now a samsung cover.. Lol
10. medicci37 (Posts: 593; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
As far as price goes, you can't beat T mobile. Just thinking about the my Verizon bill makes my butt hurt
11. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
"If AT&T thought our network wasn't great, why did they try to buy it?"
This one is a classic... Can't find a comeback better than this one.
15. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 279; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
The ads are funny, but the fine print in two of the ads seems to contradict itself. On one hand they say "don't take AT&T's word for it, OR OURS FOR THAT MATTER", then in the next sentence they direct you to a t-mobile.com site for information.
17. Rayvelynn (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Stop being salty AT&T it's not a good look, lol
18. ambanna (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
Cause TMO couldn't run the Spectrum or site assets properly, and they can't run a decent network!!!
AT&T wouls be able to use this specturm, assests and customer base and create a real network!
35. corporateJP (Posts: 1520; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Yeah, because I like the idea of AT&T being a super carrier as much as Verizon.
Move along, one day you'll understand why the FCC occasionally makes a good decision in the consumers best interest.
19. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 962; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
every carrier has itas flaws. I have AT&T and despite what the critics say, I like the service. I have the ability to talk and surf the internet on my phone at the same, which is huge for me and why i chose AT&T
There are those who are not going to like what I said about AT&T, but I never said that AT&T have no issues whatsoever. Tmobile and AT&T are acting like 2 hungry kids asking for the last chocolate cake. this back and forth crap needs to stop. Focus on making your service better not spending money on ads telling us who's better than the other
23. archangel9 (Posts: 230; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
I do the same on Tmobile ,talk and surf at hte same time.
27. meccausa02 (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Its because both are HSPA+ and not CDMA like Verizon and Sprint
20. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Its funny how about just last year they was trying to merge now a ..I hate u...lmao... thinking bout T-Mobile drop calls makes my butt hurt
21. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
If sprint n T-Mobile do not change by the end Of this year they will be out the game...mark my words
36. corporateJP (Posts: 1520; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
You'll eat crow (or join all the same expert "analysts" and "investors" that seem to know what every company, especially Apple, are going to do next).
22. Jphones (Posts: 233; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Tmobile is comedy only network to let you do free wifi calling. An their switching to no contract. Plus they're cheaper then everybody else and hspa+ is dam good in some areas faster then LTE. Money well spent an that extra $30 you'll save instead of using at&t/verizon basjcally pays 1/3 of your phone bill. Thats how you make the top2 sweat displaying value
24. MartianMe (unregistered)
.............Still waiting on google fiber :(
25. Luisit0 (Posts: 73; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
The only good that could come out of this little ad war is if T-Mobile was to make one saying "We're better because we have unlimited data" and then AT&T decided to make their LTE unlimited too so they could shine. Other than that, this little ad war is pathetic to me :P
37. corporateJP (Posts: 1520; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Don't hold your breath on waiting for AT&T, you'll pass out.
28. Cannabis (Posts: 22; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
If they are going to replace Carly, replace her with CZJ...I miss her. Bi-polar or not she has more meat on her bones mmmmm
38. corporateJP (Posts: 1520; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
True story, but your grandpa is hittin' that right now.
29. Cannabis (Posts: 22; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Both have their flaws but the one thing that stands out is AT&T's attention toward someone they didn't consider "competition". AT&T wouldn't respond to something it didn't consider a threat especially something smaller than them unless that something had a chance of growing into some future concern which is expected by around 2015 and beyond if all goes well of course. And that shows TMO has some balls to go after something bigger and harder to battle. Then again their CEO also said going after Sprint would be "too easy" but why ignore them? Sprint really doesn't have a great network I mean c'mon they've never been up there in speed especially with that disastrous WIMAX and CDMA combo and their LTE isn't anything special so why not eat away at their badly illusioned customers to knock Sprint from that 3rd spot already and attack AT&T from a better position.
30. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Keeping it real At@t is an industry JOKE with poor data plans and piss poor abilities when it comes to updating handsets. The funny part is they copy Verizon every chance they get and they both suck MAJOR ASS. Piss on At@t
31. izabooBorges (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
Sorry AT&T, no more rep off people!!!! T-MOBILE is the grate of all.......