T-Mobile myTouch smartphone made by Huawei poses for the camera
1. jamrockjones posted on 20 Mar 2012, 11:06 5 0
Where's 4.0? I know it's an entry phone but manufacturers need to move to the new OS asap.
2. Zayuh24 posted on 20 Mar 2012, 11:20 4 0
I completely agree. Why are manufacturers still making Gingerbread devices instead of ICS? And why is it taking so long for the ICS rollout?
3. JGuinan007 posted on 20 Mar 2012, 11:27 0 7
ICS is too complex for manufacturers software devs to get to work with their hardware need to make all new drivers.
4. joseg81 posted on 20 Mar 2012, 12:06 0 0
with all these handsets being rolled out post ICS why don't the manufacturers already have something in place since this OS has already been out for close to 6mths? or is the hardware inside the phone just not compatible? cuz from the couple mytouch devices i've had i know the hardware was always lacking.
6. jamrockjones posted on 20 Mar 2012, 12:10 1 2
myTouch handsets are meant to be entry level so they aren't too concerned with the latest and greatest hardware.
8. joseg81 posted on 20 Mar 2012, 12:32 1 0
entry level or not you'd atleast expect them to be current with the new software if nothing more.
10. Markizzle21 posted on 20 Mar 2012, 12:59 1 2
So if there isn't a front facing camera they will not have full features of ICS correct? Or do you expect that they will allow the back camera to do face unlock when you can't see yourself positioned correctly??? People are very arrogant when something doesn't work perfectly and would be unsatisfied with their phone if they had to try and unlock 3 times. Just saying a low end model phone should not sport ICS if it isn't going to be in full access.
11. joseg81 posted on 20 Mar 2012, 13:56 1 0
face unlock isn't essential to the OS it's just a feature. n who's talking about front facing camera's?!? if it had ICS it still wouldn't be full access (stock OS) since they slap the mytouch skin on the thing...plus ICS is about optimized OS not about features like face unlock. mytouch skin hinders the performance of devices the way sense does, they're memory hogs.
12. ngo2dd posted on 20 Mar 2012, 21:41 1 0
Not really the mytouch 4g and mytouch 4g slide were high-end phone when they were release. But they were made by HTC
16. joseg81 posted on 21 Mar 2012, 16:45 0 0
i'll give you that one but by the time those came out i was disappointed with the line n i really hate the genius button lol n the whole groups thing...i forget what they call it cuz i hated it so much.
5. torr310 posted on 20 Mar 2012, 12:09 2 2
Huawei doesn't have much history of reliability yet... I prefer HTC to make the MyTouch for now.
13. torr310 posted on 21 Mar 2012, 01:25 0 0
HTC made MyTouch 4G Slide (and maybe MyTouch 3G as well)
15. kshell1 posted on 21 Mar 2012, 07:45 0 0
so far htc has made all mytouch except for the last batch. i had the mytouch 4g slide and loved it. just needed a bit more ram
9. rg987 posted on 20 Mar 2012, 12:45 0 1
when will all manufacturers are going to move to ICS (4.0), huh ? , when google will release next iteration of android...... curse u all
14. dodo1234 posted on 21 Mar 2012, 04:21 0 0
Looks a lot like the Huawei Mercury to me. It runs really great btw.