T-Mobile myTouch smartphone made by Huawei poses for the camera
1. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Where's 4.0? I know it's an entry phone but manufacturers need to move to the new OS asap.
2. Zayuh24 (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I completely agree. Why are manufacturers still making Gingerbread devices instead of ICS? And why is it taking so long for the ICS rollout?
3. JGuinan007 (Posts: 654; Member since: 19 May 2011)
ICS is too complex for manufacturers software devs to get to work with their hardware need to make all new drivers.
4. joseg81 (Posts: 173; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
with all these handsets being rolled out post ICS why don't the manufacturers already have something in place since this OS has already been out for close to 6mths? or is the hardware inside the phone just not compatible? cuz from the couple mytouch devices i've had i know the hardware was always lacking.
6. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
myTouch handsets are meant to be entry level so they aren't too concerned with the latest and greatest hardware.
8. joseg81 (Posts: 173; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
entry level or not you'd atleast expect them to be current with the new software if nothing more.
10. Markizzle21 (Posts: 30; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
So if there isn't a front facing camera they will not have full features of ICS correct? Or do you expect that they will allow the back camera to do face unlock when you can't see yourself positioned correctly??? People are very arrogant when something doesn't work perfectly and would be unsatisfied with their phone if they had to try and unlock 3 times. Just saying a low end model phone should not sport ICS if it isn't going to be in full access.
11. joseg81 (Posts: 173; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
face unlock isn't essential to the OS it's just a feature. n who's talking about front facing camera's?!? if it had ICS it still wouldn't be full access (stock OS) since they slap the mytouch skin on the thing...plus ICS is about optimized OS not about features like face unlock. mytouch skin hinders the performance of devices the way sense does, they're memory hogs.
12. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Not really the mytouch 4g and mytouch 4g slide were high-end phone when they were release. But they were made by HTC
16. joseg81 (Posts: 173; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i'll give you that one but by the time those came out i was disappointed with the line n i really hate the genius button lol n the whole groups thing...i forget what they call it cuz i hated it so much.
5. torr310 (Posts: 572; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Huawei doesn't have much history of reliability yet... I prefer HTC to make the MyTouch for now.
13. torr310 (Posts: 572; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
HTC made MyTouch 4G Slide (and maybe MyTouch 3G as well)
15. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
so far htc has made all mytouch except for the last batch. i had the mytouch 4g slide and loved it. just needed a bit more ram
9. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
when will all manufacturers are going to move to ICS (4.0), huh ? , when google will release next iteration of android...... curse u all
14. dodo1234 (Posts: 36; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Looks a lot like the Huawei Mercury to me. It runs really great btw.