T-Mobile looking to pair up with a carrier rather than sell itself off
0. phoneArena 24 May 2012, 12:14 posted on
Deutsche Telekom is no longer interested in selling off T-Mobile, but it may be interested in pairing it up with another carrier, with MetroPCS apparently leading the pack...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Danalvi1981 (Posts: 47; Member since: 02 Jun 2010)
I think it's a great idea... Better coverage for all!!!
2. Captain_Doug (Posts: 736; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I'm going to drop Verizon and buy a straight talk sim card unlimited plan which uses at&t. I really would've liked those 2 to merge. Then they could compete with Verizon's coverage.
3. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1037; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Sounds like a freaking mess. And Tmobile works well for me. Last thing I want is it to become an over cluttered network like sprint.
12. Danalvi1981 (Posts: 47; Member since: 02 Jun 2010)
Well I think there going to work on 4g LTE together which would only require 1 technology.
4. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
If t-mobile partners or merges with metro for LTE, it would be good in the short run if they have enough bandwith to go around. if they buy/merge with metro, that would be good for Tmobile, as metro is one of the biggest thorns in their sides right now. Gets rid of a main competitor.
5. cncrim (Posts: 419; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I like the idea MetroPC and Tmobile merger. Let it happen.
7. StringCheese01 (Posts: 62; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
Is this really a good thing? I mean more data coverage but wouldn't you be getting either a CDMA phone or a GSM phone? Maybe they can use both..like the 4S. But even then wouldnt it eat more battery changing between networks
8. lsutigers (Posts: 670; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
The only problem with that is that since T-Mobile is trying to improve their image of being a budget carrier, Metro will certainly not help that situation.
10. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Tmo been budget carrier for a long time. Its not working!
9. itiswhatitis (Posts: 419; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
T-mobile users, dont forget to pay your bill or else bill collectors will be behind your ass!!!
11. corporateJP (Posts: 1289; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I fully support this.
This partnership (closet merger) would make the combined entity a much stronger Number Four.
13. miguel6632 (Posts: 21; Member since: 25 May 2012)
well im not sure what some of you call bennifiting for more coverage since one is cdma and the other is gsm. the only advantage i see is getting lte on tmobile handsets. but even that lte on metro is averaging 5-7 mps i sell phones and i usually test them and im in dallas fort worth metroplex
14. jasmyne (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
I think it would be great for tmobile and metro pcs to pare up!!!!!!!!!