T-Mobile looking to pair up with a carrier rather than sell itself off
0. phoneArena posted on 24 May 2012, 12:14
Deutsche Telekom is no longer interested in selling off T-Mobile, but it may be interested in pairing it up with another carrier, with MetroPCS apparently leading the pack...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Danalvi1981 posted on 24 May 2012, 12:19 2 0
I think it's a great idea... Better coverage for all!!!
2. Captain_Doug posted on 24 May 2012, 12:30 2 1
I'm going to drop Verizon and buy a straight talk sim card unlimited plan which uses at&t. I really would've liked those 2 to merge. Then they could compete with Verizon's coverage.
3. Joshing4fun posted on 24 May 2012, 12:32 0 0
Sounds like a freaking mess. And Tmobile works well for me. Last thing I want is it to become an over cluttered network like sprint.
12. Danalvi1981 posted on 25 May 2012, 08:50 0 0
Well I think there going to work on 4g LTE together which would only require 1 technology.
4. remixfa posted on 24 May 2012, 12:40 3 0
If t-mobile partners or merges with metro for LTE, it would be good in the short run if they have enough bandwith to go around. if they buy/merge with metro, that would be good for Tmobile, as metro is one of the biggest thorns in their sides right now. Gets rid of a main competitor.
5. cncrim posted on 24 May 2012, 13:37 2 0
I like the idea MetroPC and Tmobile merger. Let it happen.
7. StringCheese01 posted on 24 May 2012, 14:23 1 0
Is this really a good thing? I mean more data coverage but wouldn't you be getting either a CDMA phone or a GSM phone? Maybe they can use both..like the 4S. But even then wouldnt it eat more battery changing between networks
8. lsutigers posted on 24 May 2012, 14:33 1 0
The only problem with that is that since T-Mobile is trying to improve their image of being a budget carrier, Metro will certainly not help that situation.
10. lubba posted on 24 May 2012, 17:42 1 0
Tmo been budget carrier for a long time. Its not working!
9. itiswhatitis posted on 24 May 2012, 14:58 0 4
T-mobile users, dont forget to pay your bill or else bill collectors will be behind your ass!!!
11. corporateJP posted on 24 May 2012, 20:53 0 0
I fully support this.
This partnership (closet merger) would make the combined entity a much stronger Number Four.
13. miguel6632 posted on 25 May 2012, 12:30 0 0
well im not sure what some of you call bennifiting for more coverage since one is cdma and the other is gsm. the only advantage i see is getting lte on tmobile handsets. but even that lte on metro is averaging 5-7 mps i sell phones and i usually test them and im in dallas fort worth metroplex
14. jasmyne posted on 03 Oct 2012, 17:43 0 0
I think it would be great for tmobile and metro pcs to pare up!!!!!!!!!