T-Mobile launches $4000 a day trivia game, plus the weekly chance to win an Audi Q5
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Jun 2011, 09:35
T-Mobile's marketing department used its creative powers to come up with the 4G Pay Day game that involves $4000 daily giveaways, and the grand weekly prize of an Audi Q5.As usual with these games, it is text-message based, and requires you to send the most answers to a trivia game within an hour you are capable of...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. egirl (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 14:44 0 0
this game is fun hope i win
2. sabrina (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 14:56 0 0
this game is ridiculous! not to sounds negative, but I was getting all the answers right an they were sending in multiple messages at a time so when i would put on right answer for one question, another question would come in an they think im answering that question to the other question!!! SO annoying! i`ll buy my own audi i guess =/
3. Duke (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 19:34 0 0
63 consecutive questions answered correct right here lol... Hopefully nobody beats me.
4. Audrey (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2011, 15:17 0 0
How long is this game going to be? Just July? I think it's awesome!
5. Ken Ess (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2011, 15:17 0 0
It works great and then just stops. Have signal it just stops responding. And yes I did have the question right.
6. Ken Ess (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2011, 15:22 0 0
over 10 minutes still nothing. If I had the question wrong it would have gone into the third game so that's not it.
7. Manslayer (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2011, 15:42 0 0
got 112 consecutive
8. Manslayer (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2011, 15:42 0 0
9. calcmonkey (unregistered) posted on 03 Jul 2011, 11:27 0 0
This game is ridiculous... takes forever for them to send me a response... and when they do they might say i am wrong and then send me another question for that same game.... How are you suppose to get lots of questions answered when it takes 5 minutes to get a new question! Rigged!
10. Dawn8783 (unregistered) posted on 03 Jul 2011, 16:02 0 0
I like it, it's fun! But i only had 33, and then something weird happened to the next 2 games....it was just my first game. I will beat all of u!!!! Mruhahahaha!
11. StarrShooter (unregistered) posted on 03 Jul 2011, 18:36 0 0
I got stuck on one and lost it...*tear* I was having fun just seeing how many I could do. They should have a chart to show us the highest score in lead each day so I'm no like "Woot, I'm at 53 and still have a half hour to go" and then find out someone was way ahead of you."
12. Erol (unregistered) posted on 03 Jul 2011, 18:36 0 0
13. sam (unregistered) posted on 03 Jul 2011, 19:59 0 0
fyi the article is wrong in that the texting is free. they don't charge you if you do not have a plan and they don't use up the texts you are allotted in your plan if you do not have unlimited!
14. sierramist (unregistered) posted on 03 Jul 2011, 21:35 0 0
I am on the third game and it keeps stopping. I will enter the answer (correctly) and it will not send me a new question. This is frustrating, especially when I have already answered at least 60 questions correctly. :/ I do like the game though! :D
15. Lexi (unregistered) posted on 04 Jul 2011, 11:45 0 0
I answer the question correctly, but it takes too long to send another. It tells me I didn't submit and forfeit. Or it tells me I got it wrong when in fact I know it is right. What a rip off!
16. Vank (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 08:55 0 0
I have been playing and although I put in the correct answer it tells me my answer is wrong..... very annoying! For example if I pick "1" they say no sorry the correct answer is "1"'.... seriously???
17. elite (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2011, 03:44 0 0
421 questions answered. Sniff.
18. tish (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2011, 10:40 0 0
It is definitely fun and I am learning some crazy facts, BUT sometimes it takes over 5 mins to respond to my answer and then it tells me my game is over. One time is ended my game saying my answer about a deck of cards was wrong...but I know I chose the right answer. There are 52 cards in a deck. I want to win but they are not being fair.
19. reverie (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2011, 11:28 0 0
548 yeeeaaa buddy!!
31. emeraldgirl777 (unregistered) posted on 17 Jul 2011, 01:24 0 0
yeah right........what type of phone do you have? I would have to say that 548 consecutive correct answers in 60 MINUTES via text messaging and waiting for an answer from t-mobile as to if you answered the question correctly would be utterly impossible. Unless of course you have some type of "special" phone that is more compatible with tmobile than anyone else may have and your answers and tmobiles response to your answers are sent and you recieve their response INSTANTLY. Also I would have to say you would be a TRUE GENIUS as well. I highly doubt all those factors I just mentioned are in your favor. Its a game, let's be honest. Dont waste space for accurate information when there are people who are really playing the game for a chance to win and are only reading this blog to find out TRUE info about this game. There always has to be one in the crowd though, it never fails. Just like one person at a job that makes it dreadful for the rest or one person in your high school class that makes that whole class miserable. You are obviously "ONE" of those peoople. Straight up ANNOYING!!!!!
62. awesome_opossum (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2011, 22:53 0 0
20. RipOff (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2011, 16:10 0 0
This game cheats. I either lose a connection suddenly, it'll send me a text saying sorry we are unavailable (during a game, particularly towards the middle to end) or my phone will suddenly freeze and it'll send in multiple answers, sometimes I'd answer correctly and it'll say I'm wrong when I know for a fact I'm right. A colleague finished and his phone froze and had to be restarted then said sorry you answered incorrectly even though his hour was up! Then they ask ridiculous questions that no one knows! Don't get your hopes up on this cheating *** game! It is fun though but frustrating. I advise you to only play for fun not for the awards.
21. mm (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2011, 17:42 0 0
739 hell yea!
32. emeraldgirl777 (unregistered) posted on 17 Jul 2011, 01:46 0 0
WOW......your AWESOME. How long did it take for you to recieve your $4,000 prize of the day?? There is no doubt with that many consecutive right answers in only 60 minutes you surely were the winner for this day. Your even better than the guy a few comments before yours who had 500 and something right answers. I envy you. With people as smart and as fast as you playing this game there will be no chance that anyone else will win. If you have a day job, you might as well quit now and just play this game daily through october. $4,000 a day for about 90 days and all the Audi's you will have. You might as well open an Audi dealership while your at it. Wow, I really must be living under a rock. I really would have never thought that there were people in this world that were capable of such an astronomical amount of correct consecutive answers in just 60 minutes. You GO MM, you rock with 739 right answers.......As you would say.....hell yea!!!!!!!! LMAO
22. Gregory (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 12:00 0 0
Hey I would like to say that its only possible to get around 44 questions anwsered in a hour max so if you'll time yourself you may have a good chance at winning.
23. Gregory (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 12:08 0 0
I got 24 of them correct on the second day of the game or maybe it was the first day oh good luck everybody I hope I win also.
24. ReppinNC (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 12:23 0 0
I don't believe anyone has gotten a score in the 400s, 500s, or 700's! Not possible! LMFAO!!!! That means you are answering/getting the questions at a rate of like 7-12 a minute! I don't think so! SMH!!! LIARS!!!! Anywho, our best is 164 right now! :-)
Holla Tmobile 4gpd gamers!! And good luck!
25. WTHJFK (unregistered) posted on 10 Jul 2011, 16:39 0 0
This Game is a RIP-OFF It needs to be reported....
During the trivia game I found a question that had incorrect multiple choice answers. the question is" in "Ratatoulle", the clock in linguini's house shows.
The clock in linguini's house actually shows (7:08). its an analog clock with Hour hand being on the 7 and minute hand between 1 and 2. None of the multiple choice answers are correct!! Getting a hint costs $1 and skipping the bogus question all so costs $1!! not sure of how many other questions will leave no choice but to pay to skip or hint or losing the streak because the answer is wrong.
26. Gregory j Taylor (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 14:58 0 0
WTHJFK I agree with you the same thing happen to me also......we at least should havea way of getting our money back I hate to say it or believe it but I believe its a scam or a problem with the company only because I spent money on a skip once I got the skip they sent me a message three times that read wrong answer that was your last game for today and I had 25 minutes left in the game ..i dont know I like the company have the my touch 4g they gave it to me for free when I got the contract with them and I had no deposit .try contacting the company thats what iam going to do or you could file an lawsuit.
27. Stina213 (unregistered) posted on 13 Jul 2011, 20:15 0 0
2,231 BEAT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28. Tdeezy (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 20:32 0 0
75 consecutive rite....boo yah
29. BadNewsBears (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 15:42 0 0
Sorry to break the news to everyone, but you're going to have to break 200 to win. At this point, it's probably going to take more than 300 to win. I know from experience. This is a real game, and they are REALLY giving out money. Yes, scores this high CAN be obtained.
45. Chris Edwards (unregistered) posted on 29 Jul 2011, 16:15 0 0
BadnewsBears.... who has actually won money/ Audi? Where are these posted, do you or does anyone know?
30. Gameisrigged (unregistered) posted on 17 Jul 2011, 00:54 0 0
Game is rigged. Multiple questions at same time. any answer is wrong. But I am positive the leaning tower is in pisa. Says wrong answer then next time I see the question it is right. Tmobile cheats. This game sucks. and the connection is horrible. I would be lucky to get 75 in an hour and I ain't no slouch when it comes to trivia
33. key23 (unregistered) posted on 17 Jul 2011, 16:53 0 0
has anyone one the money
34. joe (unregistered) posted on 19 Jul 2011, 14:32 0 0
35. Dagangstapacman (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 05:34 0 0
I believe this game is a scam. They want you to pay that dollar for a skip and hint because they know people will use them the majority of the time due to their ridiculous questions. How do we know who won? I only got 38, but I'd like to hear the winners. Has anybody even won yet? Im gonna stick around til att comes in play, let's see if the service and or phones get better. If not, I'm leaving lol. Damn tmobile.
36. greenz09 (unregistered) posted on 22 Jul 2011, 10:12 0 0
I have answered many question right, and iit tells me I'm wrong. Secondly it sends 3 questions at the same time. I don't think there are winners and if there are the family probably works for tmobile and gives them the answer sheet, which if is true mankes it unfair for other players.........
37. Lalala (unregistered) posted on 22 Jul 2011, 17:07 0 0
Cutos to the people who break 100 + because at the rate the questions get sent in and the breaks they take also to tell you that you're on a roll or something like that, I really can't see myself getting over 70. But, if I was smarter and faster, I guess it would be quite possible. And after you play for awhile, you start to memorize questions so it goes faster.
38. Fort Bragg Solja 82nd (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 13:34 0 0
Has anyone won yet?
39. ReppinNC (unregistered) posted on 24 Jul 2011, 09:19 0 0
Yes, I have won both prizes :-)...It is real folks!! Keep trying.
46. Chris Edwards (unregistered) posted on 29 Jul 2011, 16:16 0 0
CONGRATS, ReppinNC. Are the winners posted on any site?
47. bdub (unregistered) posted on 29 Jul 2011, 16:32 0 0
how many did u answer in a row??
40. LA (unregistered) posted on 25 Jul 2011, 14:31 0 0
My highest score was yesterday at 73. I don't believe it is possible to get the ridiculously high numbers that some people are stating they have achieved. Like Lalala said, there are way too many interruptions. I believe it is possible to get in the hundreds though if you actually know all of the questions by heart.
51. DavidAnnointing (unregistered) posted on 08 Aug 2011, 17:04 0 0
41. LA (unregistered) posted on 25 Jul 2011, 14:32 0 0
ReppinNC you said you won both. Do you mind sharing what your score was?
42. ReppinNC (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 02:44 0 0
Yea. 258 for the daily win and 366 for the weekly win.
43. Skelly (unregistered) posted on 27 Jul 2011, 08:28 0 0
I have been playing this game- and it is frustrating. I am answewring questions correctly and it is telling me I am wrong. I am going to start keeping a list. And no- another question has not come thru while it is waiting for my response.
44. lola (unregistered) posted on 29 Jul 2011, 14:52 0 0
how many did you have?
48. jerms (unregistered) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 10:54 0 0
i got 57 and thought that was good until i came here. 131? jeez, i don't think they could even send me that many texts in one hour.
49. booklady710 posted on 03 Aug 2011, 22:23 0 0
Are the winners being posted anywhere? I'd love to see that. . .
50. DavidAnnointing (unregistered) posted on 08 Aug 2011, 17:00 0 0
Time to send a text is probably at the most 4 depending on reception on your phone, so most possible answers per hour 240 but chances are you don't know it of the top of your head, not with out looking it up so stop lying about ridiculous amounts answered!
52. rmb3933 (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 11:36 0 0
This game is fun, until they cheat and lie with their answers. For the past two days they have been asking which movies made more money.
Question one: Which film made more money: (1) Stuart Little (2) Twister (3) Batman Begins. According to IMDB All Time USA Box Office, the answer should be 2-Twister making $241,688,385, however it stated that I answered incorrectly. WHAT AM I MISSING???? IMDB states that: $140,015,224- Stuart Little, Batman Begins- $205,343,774. Thus making TWISTER the correct answer. COME ON T-Mobile get your s***t together!
How is it even possible that I got this wrong. Anyone? FML
53. klb (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 13:23 0 0
I had the same issue which ended all 3 chances today. I had the same website up from IMDB which clearly showed which movie made more money. Besides it is obvious that (1)Twilight is the winner over (2) Ocean's Thirteen and (3) G-Force. It's gotta be rigged!
I would like to see the list of winners. Is that posted anywhere?
54. rmb3933 (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 11:16 0 0
I have no idea where to find a list of winners, but I do know I just, AGAIN, got the same type of question wrong, and it's literally impossible for them to tell me that my answer is incorrect.
Which film made more money: (1) Findings Nemo (2) Armageddon (3) Rush Hour 3
Finding Nemo blew it out of the water making $339,714,367, it's number 20 on the All Time USA Box Office. Armegeddon made $201,573,391 and Rush Hour 3 made 140,080,850.
This is super frustrating. I just don't understand how the answer is NOT finding Nemo. Im vexed!
55. Beam of Light (unregistered) posted on 17 Aug 2011, 15:39 0 0
This game is a rip off. They should check their facts before telling you you are wrong and must begin new quiz. They are just mad they are not getting any money from me by skipping or hint so they tell you you are wrong.
56. DavidAnnointing (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 13:42 0 0
So im sitting at work and my phone rings lady says congrats you were a daily winner, so the game is very much real!
57. nhockert (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 12:46 0 0
How many did you get correct?
61. awesome_opossum (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2011, 22:49 0 0
how many correct answers did it take to win??
58. Tmobile Trivia frustrates me (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2011, 09:40 0 0
I have a simple request for the powers that be who come up with Trivia questions...study a world atlas!!!! My question today that I was told was wrong..."the capital of which one is further west: Romania, Tonga, or India." Now unless I have severely lost my comprehension of North, South, East, and West...if Romania is west of India and India is west of Tonga...would that not logically make the capital of Romania the furthest west??? Am I missing something?