T-Mobile heats up the rate-plan race, more data, unlimited international texting
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2014, 17:57 posted on
Team Magenta is heating things up with its Simple Choice Plans, adding more data for the money...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cripton805 (Posts: 913; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
They shouldnt have changed the $70 unlimited. Instead done a $80 unlimited with tethering. Most people don't tether, do why force it onto future customers? Nice move Legere, but thats a bad mistake.
39. Augustine (Posts: 681; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
There's one sentence in the press release that I think explains why they increased the prices on the higher end:
"Average usage is up 50% in the last year, and on our unlimited plans, it has almost doubled to over 5GB per month."
Not very uncarrier, mind you.
2. Kishin (Posts: 587; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Even better, since i have no contract paying $70 for 5GB if better than fair...
3. papss (unregistered)
I just switched my att plan and get 10 GB with unlimited text and talk for 130.00 total for my wife and I..
5. papss (unregistered)
I meant still on att but changed plans due to a special they are running.. Eat that tmobile
15. papss (unregistered)
That's a large amount of data man.. That's not to say I don't use the crap out of WiFi with my time Warner broadband but still.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7726; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I go through about 12-16 a week thanks to Netflix, Tumblr, YouTube and Pandora lol.
23. Damo579 (Posts: 169; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Is this the value plan or regular mobile share?
36. sniper1087 (Posts: 351; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
you are aware that 10 gb for 130 is still more expensive than tmobile first line on tom for 5gb is 70 then second is 50 which makes it 120, and of course 10 more will give you unlimited.
6. reckless562 (Posts: 675; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
i can eat 10GB in one day. thats like barely 3 HD movies for the two of u. 3+3=6
go to an unlimited plan, ull be happier not being in a data cage.
16. papss (unregistered)
We have a monster WiFi connection at our house.. No HD movie issue ever as we don't get capped with time Warner
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7726; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Comcast has yet to throttle me, especially the week where I watched Netflix 24/7 in full HD during the summer lol.
10. Gemmol (Posts: 495; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Its a great plan I have it too, only problem I haven't got close to finishing it yet, the highest I finish was 6 gig and I had 4 gig left. If ATT bring rollover data like they did rollover minutes back in the days I would have a ton of internet. I remember when I use to have over 6000 rollover minutes just from not calling much, same will happen if they bring it to data. It would kill the competition, by the end of the year I would have over 60 something gig of LTE to use
4. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Hmmm. Not sure if $10 is worth it to dbl my tethering... Then again... I did tether 2.5 in 3 days...
7. reckless562 (Posts: 675; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
lol its not worth $10, but what other choice do u have???? pstt..... rooting.... lols
8. Federated (Posts: 170; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
I will retain my $70/mo unlimited everything.
17. papss (unregistered)
I agree its a good deal if they had great coverage.. I travel for work and tmobiles coverage just isn't good enough for them to be q viable option.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7726; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Stick with AT&T if coverage matters. :)
42. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 May 2012)
If thats the case, go Verizon, AT&T can't compete
12. ocilfa (Posts: 333; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
T-Mo doesn't do contracts anymore. Love your icon btw.
13. jjnbbills12 (Posts: 18; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
i will keep my 5 lines with unlimited data on VZW so i can use it where i want. i dont mind paying more.
14. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Just switched from AT&T two nights ago and rocking a sexy black Note 3 to replace my Note 2 which replaced my Note 1.
I'm paying a bit more then I did with AT&T but with no overage charges to worry about for data usage, Tmobile paying off my AT&T cancel fee, Jump! that will let me upgrade to a Note 4 later this year and the fact that I had to change my number with AT&T cause my old one couln't be ported over, they even credited me the cost to change my number on my account!
In short, T-Mobile seemed to care and glad to have me as a customer, AT&T didn't give two craps. The salesmen at AT&T also lied about not having to pay for phone # change online and I had to show them a print out from my account to get them to believe me.
Then they said they could only give me 6 numbers too choose from in the store or wait a few hours for new ones. I go online on my account and I a was able to choose from 50 numbers to change too.
AT&T is becoming the second child of Verizon
41. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Most people do in this day and age. Kudos for you if you fork over $700 in cash for your phone, but most of of us can't/don't
47. miles16852 (Posts: 206; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
'my old one couln't be ported over' BULL!!! that is total BS!! and you know it, someone is playing games on you and giving you the run around! EVERY number can be ported! you obviously let them bend you over and give it you! !!
48. miles16852 (Posts: 206; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
this because MOST people are stupid with there FINANCES!
45. AtomicMe (Posts: 20; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Verizon doesn't charge for phone number changes...
18. Fuego84 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Capping the $70 plan is a definite step backwards. I really don't need another 2.5gb of hotspot tethering for $10, good thing I added my mother's note 3 to my account last Friday and chose the no caps $70 plan which should actually be $50 because the 2nd line gets unlimited calling and text for $30 in stead of $50 like the first line.
31. Federated (Posts: 170; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
That's true. I'll stay on my $70/mo unlimited.
22. twagn (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
happy with tm..$70 unlimited everything and 20-30mbps downloads
24. mike2959 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Poor TMO...on the wake of being last with Sprint in the latest carrier testing, they have to once again lower rates to get subscribers. The truth is their coverage map has changed very little in 2 years.
25. youlookfoolish (Posts: 122; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
How uncarrier of T-Mobile to raise the price of unlimited data.
33. sumwhatrediculous (Posts: 17; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Unlimuted is 50 dollars for 500mb after that you are throttled down but people like myself 150 month two phones unlimited lte 2.5 gb of tether oh and I use anywhere from 58 to 250 gb a month always on the net netflix pandora video calls and ussally use up my 2.5 sharing with freinds who have Verizon so they dont burn all of thier data or on my pc and I love it so what do you other guys pay your phone company for 58 to 250 gb of data is yor lte even fast enough to get to 250gb
34. joseram695 (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 May 2012)
Im just gona keep my 70$ unlimited everything dont need the extra 2.5GB of hotspot plus id rather keep the extra 10$ lol
35. benzb (Posts: 26; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
I am enjoying my Tmobile small business plan with unlimited talk, unlimited text, unlimited high speed data for $55/month!
38. Augustine (Posts: 681; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
The uncarrier carrier is getting carried.
40. xpr3ss10n (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
I get 2.5gb of data on my plan for tethering and unlimited everything
43. networkdood (Posts: 6262; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Awesome, 50.00 with 1GB and tethering is great - but, this may also be designed to encourage customers to use more data and then get a higher plan...