T-Mobile gives the Presidential Emergency Alert system a test ahead of schedule
0. phoneArena 04 Nov 2011, 10:07 posted on
If you are a T-Mobile subscriber, you might be among those who received a weird alert message on your smartphone this morning. Apparently, the carrier decided to test the Presidential Emergency Alert system...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bluechrism (Posts: 99; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
"It will also allow for easier localization of alerts so that emergency notifications can be sent to only specific areas of the country."
Is this going to be done by area code? I have moved city twice since receiving my current number just because i've used it for so many services and contacts.
5. Gawain (Posts: 418; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
I am certain that it would not be by area code, since so many people keep their numbers, move, etc. It could be by SID or some type of grouping of MSAs or RSAs.
2. chuckyoo (Posts: 34; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
did not get any, rooted phone and running custom rom.
3. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
no notification on rooted g2x running weapon g2x 3.0 on t-mobile's prepaid montly4g service. what will i do in the event of a zombie apocalypse???
4. BReND0 (Posts: 74; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
or better yet, its just another way big brother government, and Obama now where you are and what your doing............